• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Current Forest Lake-Hinckley-Lindstrom-Pine City-Rush City Fishing Reports - Click Here. 

Let's see your pics and fishing reports here. Post em up.

Where does everyone fish walleyes around here? Just moved here from Alexandria so never been out on any of these lakes. I was thinking either Green or Fannie to start with?

I would start on green. I fished fannie 4 years and only had luck with pike and mabe a crappie. Hey mabe joes lake might still have some in it.

joes lake is the lake in the middle of the house development that u c from 65 to the east. I cought the crappie everywere. manly went out for the pike. skogmen has bigger pike and more crappie in the depper spots.

How do people get on Joes? I heard that used to be a dnr stocking pond where they raised walleyes to be released elsewhere?

You used to be able to get to it off joes lake road but i dont know anymore. I moved from that area 2 years ago. And yes it was a stock pond. they opened it up 2 winters ago and im guessing its still open.

There were houses out there last year but I couldn't figure out what they were fishing for. that was before i heard about the stock pond. Might have to go try it out!

i heard there were some eyes in there but i want to try it out but dont know how to get on it does any one know how to access it?

Went and looked today, if you go all the way to the west down the street on the south side of fleet n go and take a left there is a trail off the end of that street that everyone has been going down to get there. Not sure if thats the legal way to get there but I droze the truck down there and no one came and yelled at me. I will probly give it a try as soon as I get the house ready.

I believe it froze out last winter My son and his buddies have been out there this year.Very few walleyes and really small. I would not waste my time stopping there.

Quote:

Went and looked today, if you go all the way to the west down the street on the south side of fleet n go and take a left there is a trail off the end of that street that everyone has been going down to get there. Not sure if thats the legal way to get there but I droze the truck down there and no one came and yelled at me. I will probly give it a try as soon as I get the house ready.

Yes that's the correct spot for getting on.

Quote:

I believe it froze out last winter.

I heard that as well. I know somebody that poked a bunch of holes out there last week looking around with an Aqua View. All they saw was a few potato chip sized sunnies.

wow thats sad because just last year or 2 years ago that lake had a bunch of walleye in it and now there is only little sunny's.....

Me and a buddy of mine went to joe's lake a week after opener last spring. Spent about 5 hours there and ended up catching 2 small walleye 13"-14" and some panfish. C&R on all fish that day, so unless another angler caught them or an eagle snatched them up you can go for two walleye.

I agree, don't waste your time on Joes lake. A couple of years ago it was just nuts out there but not anymore.

Your best bet for Walleyes around Cambridge is Goose lake or Rush lake. There are a few smaller lakes in the area too.

Good Luck!

Second the goose and rush thoughts. Low light on both. Be carefull about goose. The ice can be tricky out there at times.

Quote:

Where does everyone fish walleyes around here?

Hi Dozer,

You might try Lory Lake, a smaller dishpan lake a few miles NW of Cambridge... Almost no structure, but if you set up on a slope of the one point in the lake, at about 13 feet deep, you might do reasonably well this early in the season. Best time is usually the afternoon 'power hour'...

Although most of the walleyes in the lake are grownup fingerlings, we can always hope there may be some hatching from eggs. As there's no slot limit on Lory, you might consider releasing fish over 4 pounds...

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip deja vu. I havnt caught a single decent waleye this year! Currently trying Goose but no luck. Tried a couple spots anywhere from 26' to 36' ft. caught 5 8-9" crappie but no eyes. How deep is everyone catching eyes? Ive always started the year at like 24' and work deeper through out the year to around 36' but I always fished lake Ida by Alex which gets down to 50' all over the place and over 100' at the deepest. Not looking for anyones spot just wondering if Im too deep or too shallow.

this year has been tough on alot of the lakes. if you want to try for walleyes with decent results, i'd say head over to the chisago city area.

north and south center, north and south Lindstrom, big and little green. all those lakes have decent walleye #'s. watch the slot sizes though!!!

rush lake has decent walleyes, was out there 3 or 4 weeks ago, caught quite a few, but no keepers. Rush gets alot of traffic and alot of pressure in the winter.

• The topic was unlocked