• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Current Forest Lake-Hinckley-Lindstrom-Pine City-Rush City Fishing Reports - Click Here. 

Let's see your pics and fishing reports here. Post em up.

Where does everyone fish walleyes around here? Just moved here from Alexandria so never been out on any of these lakes. I was thinking either Green or Fannie to start with?

I would start on green. I fished fannie 4 years and only had luck with pike and mabe a crappie. Hey mabe joes lake might still have some in it.

joes lake is the lake in the middle of the house development that u c from 65 to the east. I cought the crappie everywere. manly went out for the pike. skogmen has bigger pike and more crappie in the depper spots.

How do people get on Joes? I heard that used to be a dnr stocking pond where they raised walleyes to be released elsewhere?

You used to be able to get to it off joes lake road but i dont know anymore. I moved from that area 2 years ago. And yes it was a stock pond. they opened it up 2 winters ago and im guessing its still open.

There were houses out there last year but I couldn't figure out what they were fishing for. that was before i heard about the stock pond. Might have to go try it out!

i heard there were some eyes in there but i want to try it out but dont know how to get on it does any one know how to access it?

Went and looked today, if you go all the way to the west down the street on the south side of fleet n go and take a left there is a trail off the end of that street that everyone has been going down to get there. Not sure if thats the legal way to get there but I droze the truck down there and no one came and yelled at me. I will probly give it a try as soon as I get the house ready.

I believe it froze out last winter My son and his buddies have been out there this year.Very few walleyes and really small. I would not waste my time stopping there.

Quote:

Went and looked today, if you go all the way to the west down the street on the south side of fleet n go and take a left there is a trail off the end of that street that everyone has been going down to get there. Not sure if thats the legal way to get there but I droze the truck down there and no one came and yelled at me. I will probly give it a try as soon as I get the house ready.

Yes that's the correct spot for getting on.

Quote:

I believe it froze out last winter.

I heard that as well. I know somebody that poked a bunch of holes out there last week looking around with an Aqua View. All they saw was a few potato chip sized sunnies.

wow thats sad because just last year or 2 years ago that lake had a bunch of walleye in it and now there is only little sunny's.....

Me and a buddy of mine went to joe's lake a week after opener last spring. Spent about 5 hours there and ended up catching 2 small walleye 13"-14" and some panfish. C&R on all fish that day, so unless another angler caught them or an eagle snatched them up you can go for two walleye.

I agree, don't waste your time on Joes lake. A couple of years ago it was just nuts out there but not anymore.

Your best bet for Walleyes around Cambridge is Goose lake or Rush lake. There are a few smaller lakes in the area too.

Good Luck!

Second the goose and rush thoughts. Low light on both. Be carefull about goose. The ice can be tricky out there at times.

Quote:

Where does everyone fish walleyes around here?

Hi Dozer,

You might try Lory Lake, a smaller dishpan lake a few miles NW of Cambridge... Almost no structure, but if you set up on a slope of the one point in the lake, at about 13 feet deep, you might do reasonably well this early in the season. Best time is usually the afternoon 'power hour'...

Although most of the walleyes in the lake are grownup fingerlings, we can always hope there may be some hatching from eggs. As there's no slot limit on Lory, you might consider releasing fish over 4 pounds...

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the tip deja vu. I havnt caught a single decent waleye this year! Currently trying Goose but no luck. Tried a couple spots anywhere from 26' to 36' ft. caught 5 8-9" crappie but no eyes. How deep is everyone catching eyes? Ive always started the year at like 24' and work deeper through out the year to around 36' but I always fished lake Ida by Alex which gets down to 50' all over the place and over 100' at the deepest. Not looking for anyones spot just wondering if Im too deep or too shallow.

this year has been tough on alot of the lakes. if you want to try for walleyes with decent results, i'd say head over to the chisago city area.

north and south center, north and south Lindstrom, big and little green. all those lakes have decent walleye #'s. watch the slot sizes though!!!

rush lake has decent walleyes, was out there 3 or 4 weeks ago, caught quite a few, but no keepers. Rush gets alot of traffic and alot of pressure in the winter.

• The topic was unlocked

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.