Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

1st Please Post Your Fishing Report - Then Join the NEW - Private Fishing Report Clubs   01/24/2018

Private Fishing Report Clubs - Click Here - Post Your Fishing Report Before Joining
      1st, be sure you post a fishing report in the forums, then ask to join after you post a fishing report in your area forum. The Private Fishing Report Clubs are where folks can share private fishing information with club members who have proven they know what's going on. Fishing Report Clubs Link also in Menu above. Apply to become a member today, while it's still easy. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. License Reminder

Mine says it expires 2/25 this year. Either that or it' too work out to read.
  4. Millacs good fishing or not

Fished 4 days this last weekend. 1 tullibee, 1 walleye, sun up to sun down drilled and moved several times. Fun to fish but came home and limited out on sunnies on a small lake near me the allure of the big pond is over for me. Just my 2 cents good luck and have fun if you go.
  5. Smart Stop Bobber Stops

When I purchased them at a sports show, the guy doing the demo recommended the small duckbill pliers he was using sold by Menard’s. I tried using a small needle nose as well as a leather man, and ruined quite a few. I got the duck bills at Menard’s and that was the ticket, just like the guy said! I think the pressure is spread more evenly over the stop.
  6. Millacs good fishing or not

That's what I want to hear. Thank you sir
  7. Millacs good fishing or not

It’s still a blast to fish
  8. Millacs good fishing or not

thank you tom sawyer good to know,
  9. Millacs good fishing or not

Walleye numbers are strong. Unfortunate for the fisherman, the perch forage base on the lake has exploded. Lots of 3" - 5" food for the walleye = a tough bite....
  10. Millacs good fishing or not

Ok guys just a question not looking for places to go or tips. Just a question about the fish numbers. I've read multiple reviews that are good and bad, some say the Indians are over fishing it, others say all the sleeper houses are over fishing it. That and when the DNR does their number count. Walleye numbers are really low. Others say it's awesome fishing. But the bass and big walleye and Pike are eating all the young eyes. It's a huge lake it has to be good! Friend of mine went up with a portable Last weekend for the tournament and a 2.5 lb tullibee won the whole thing. And he didn't catch a thing. Long trip from Iowa to get beat down like that. I want to fish this lake so bad, with a portable or sleeper. But is it worth it? Fish numbers good or not? Thanks guys
  11. Seeking Sleeper Shack Rental Sat Feb 24

Yah, that lake is going to be crazy busier than normal this weekend. Another poster asked about rental wheelhouses a week or so ago and they were pointed toward C l I s t. You could try that as well since they’re dealer based.
  12. Not sure who you have tried, but it can be difficult as a result of the Perch Extravaganza. I have to believe somebody has a shack yet. I'll throw out some name's: Jerry Brandts, Eddy Lybacks, Kevin McQuoids (Macs Twin Bay), Hunter Winfields, Dickies, Castaways, Agate Bay, Hunters Point, Barnacles, Red Door, Twin Pines, Garrison Sports, Rocky Reef, Appledorns, KJ's Ice fishing, Randys Rentals. Good Luck, hope you find a shack
  13. Yesterday
  14. License Reminder

Tried to buy it last Friday and they were not available. System was down/messed up
  15. License Reminder

great reminder!
  16. I fished out there last wednesday ,,, Launched out of Washburn and headed towards Houghton Pt ,,, Lots of current on the brakes to deeper water ,,, Ended up getting 2 splake and one whitefish ,, Marked lots of interested fish just didnt get hooked ,,, Hope to get back out there soon but now that we got snow Im gonna hit the snowmobile trails while it lasts
  17. I got this box from a friend this winter. Very well made and thought out design! Runs on a standard 12v flasher battery. Thought some of you may be interested in one! Check them out at www.facebook.com/Js12vpowerboxes/ Cliff
  18. License Reminder

Bumping this one up as a reminder - end of the month is not far away!!! March 1st - you need a 2018 license.
  19. nickeleye, Thanks for the report! Lookers but no biters seems to be the pattern the past couple of weeks. Common for this time of the winter on Vermilion! Cliff
  20. KABETOGAMA FISHING REPORT AND TRAIL CONDITIONS 2/20/2018 SNOW SNOW AND MORE SNOW!!!! So our forecasted 3-7 inches turned into about a foot of snow in the last 24 hours and its still coming down! Needless to say the trails are being groomed and are in premier shape. If you can get up here, the next couple weeks should be awesome riding around the entire area. Always check with the Park Service and local snowmobile clubs for the latest conditions. On to fishing……the walleye bite has slowed some but with the warmer weather coming through the weekend we should rap up the walleye and pike season with a bang. Right now, 30-34 ft over mud seems to be producing the best. Casey form Reef Runner Rentals and Voyageur park lodge is starting to move his houses onto the mud in preparation for what should be a fantastic late season perch bite. We have some monster jumbo perch on Kab and the fishing can be fast and furious! And don’t forget about our great crappie fishing. Rumor has it they are biting but you need to explore a little to find them. Generally the area around Ash River is a great place to start. Snowmobiling and fishing aren’t the only activities to take advantage of in Voyageurs National Park right now. Snow shoeing, cross country skiing, the park service sledding hill and skating rink are just a few things to keep you busy in our winter wonderland. We also have winter camping for the brave ones! It is absolutely beautiful out there right now. Load up the bus and come visit us in Gods country! Gateway General Store
  21. Panfish Pics

These are gorgeous fish!!!
  22. Does anyone by chance know of any resorts that rent cabins this time of year on any lakes in the faribault area. I love white Russians while sitting in my ice tent. But not so much the drive back through town to a hotel. Oh and of course there's the Busch lattes!
  23. Panfish Pics

popped out from 730 till noon today and fun city. went to 3 different areas and did not see another person. gold with red, purple with white produced. Tried the chartreuse wishbone again and still a no go. someday maybe.
  24. Heading to faribault this weekend. Gonna try Fox and french lake again. Anyone been out there having any luck? Is the ice still drivable? Any information is much appreciated! Thanks again, tight lines all!!!
  25. Minnesota fishing, hunting and trapping licenses for 2017 expire Wednesday, Feb. 28, according to the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Licenses for 2018 are now available wherever hunting and fishing licenses are sold, online at mndnr.gov/buyalicense and by telephone at 888-665-4236. All 2018 fishing licenses become effective Thursday, March 1. New licenses are required for 2017 hunting and fishing seasons that continue past Feb. 28. This year license fees increase by $3 for a resident individual angling license, and fees also increase for other license types including deer hunting licenses, sports licenses and lifetime licenses. License fees support the ongoing work of DNR fish, wildlife and enforcement staff to conserve, enhance and protect our waters, fields and forests. “Thank you to all who purchase a license. License fees pay for the work we do and the dollars go directly toward improving fishing and hunting opportunities in Minnesota,” said Steve Michaels, DNR licensing program director. Customers who purchase online via a smartphone won’t receive a conventional paper license. Instead, they’ll receive a text message or email that serves as proof of a valid fish or game license to state conservation officers. A printed copy of the text or email also can serve as proof of a valid license. Customers are encouraged to update their customer record online at mndnr.gov/buyalicense. Adding an email, while not required, allows the DNR to send important hunting and fishing information, and gather input through surveys. More information about how the DNR spends license dollars can be found at mndnr.gov/LicenseDollarsAtWork. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• prairiewalleye

prairiewalleye 0

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • Jay Pearson

Jay Pearson 0

• Salmo Trutta

Salmo Trutta 0

• PRO-V