Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Fishing Report Clubs - LIMITED MEMBERSHIP - Join Today - FREE   01/24/2018

Fishing Minnesota had added a new menu item (see above) called Fishing Report Clubs. It's a way to keep the really good fishing reports coming and being shared only with those who also provide detailed fishing reports. We will only approve new members who request to join if they have already posted a recent fishing report in the area forum, associated with the Fishing Report Club area  you want to join. We are going to limit the number of regular memberships, in the Fishing Report Clubs, to the top 20  members in each Club, to those with the best frequency and quality fishing reports provided in the club and less so in the regular fishing report forum open to all members. The higher quality fishing report reserved for the club of course. If  you want fishing reports  around your area, I would Join Now, some of the clubs are starting to fill fast. Use the Fishing Reports Club link in the Menu above (after you've posted a fishing report in the regular area forum) and request to Join.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I will be going out for the night bite on green this week. I need to find some more fish as the wife wants a fresh fish dinner.
  3. Today
  4. Spearfishing - Where are you now?

We found our better pike in 20 fow this weekend. Same weekend last year they were in 7. That might be the reason you haven’t been seeing much while spearing? Thicker ice and more snow. And they’ve been grabbing small minnows after staring at em for a long time. They marked a heavy line on the sonar for up to half hour before slurping in the crappie minnow. Small shiners have been getting small pike. Large shiners haven’t been getting hit at all.
  5. I've been out there a few times. Where are the deadheads?
  6. Fished shields lake yesterday from 900 am to 6. 12 fow caught 25 real nice gills 10 perch ,all dinks. And 2 crappie about 9 inches. Pretty steady fishing all day. We were about 50 yds from all the sleepers. Lots of traffic. At least 2 ft of ice. Used a little ant , orange and bright green with some white dressing tied to it. Got em from Nagel's. He said they were good, and he was right. Tipped with wax worm. Crappie came in at 530 caught the biggest on a glow blue angel eye with a minnow head. Snowing really hard so we packed up. Tent is froze. But we're going back out here in a bit. Gonna try roberds lake. I'll post later on that. Good luck all!
  7. Bait to use

You two are sure putting the smack down on some super sized Pike! Those walleye text you just sent were nice too. Your killing me man; I'm off todo more snowblowing. Though to take it when the wife's schoolin' ya', been there lots of times with Patty. Join my club, LOL!
  8. Slobslayer99 , Echo can be a fun lake to fish for Walleye and Crappie. As for being there on the opener , like most lakes , it's all going to come down to when the ice goes out , and the type of springtime weather that prevails up there this year as to how the opener bite might be . The lake is shallow and has quite stained water . Early ice out , and a warmer spring can have the lake good to go on the opener for you for both species. As for where to fish , that also depends on the spring also , as the water starts to warm there , very shallow muck with deadheads around the lake , or the shallow rock pile with reeds on the far eastern end are usually safe bets for Crappie . As for the walleye , they can be caught on the rocky shorelines throughout the lake . Early fishing there is best with minnows... ahhh the opener , you gotta love it .
  9. Going up the echo for the first time this opener any tips or info would be appreciated
  10. Tried South Lindstrom today. Was able to mark some fish, but they were tight to the bottom, and would not move! Got 1 tiny perch. Was only out for a little bit, then the snow really started coming down. Talked to someone else, and they had the exact same results.
  11. Spring Turkey

I have two boss toms at my dads and I think a strutter might be the ticket
  12. Spring Turkey

I'm really leaning to buying a mojo scoot and shoot amd trying that this year talk about a adrenaline rush.
  13. Spring Turkey

I've used a full body full strut before can be good or bad depending on a birds mood at the time. In certain situations they can be a killer,
  14. Bait to use

Shiners and suckers not needed for us this weekend. The better pike were sucking down my wife’s crappie minnows on a demon in 20 feet.
  15. Spring Turkey

I have 3 avian x hens two feeders and one head up. I gave semi strut Jake as well. I want to get a full strut
  16. Yesterday
  17. Hey relax, I haven't been out since that weekend. With an 11 months old at home, fishing gets put to a halt quickly! I've been following the threads as much as I can. I know guys are catching crappies in the deeper water still, basins with the chance to go up to shallow. French is usually good for that but have heard Roberd's has come in late. Two weeks ago there were ice castle's everywhere and we were drilling to the end of the auger. I like Cedar too near Faribault because it's an easy access and typically holds fish. You'll have to let me know where you go and how you do! Fish on!
  18. Spring Turkey

Have to Agree moose the turkeys are becoming a little smarter each year. Better decoys have definitely upped my odds last few years. Seriously considering those Dave smiths or some Avian X. Moose what are you using for a setup combo with those Avians? My customs look nice but always looking for something better
  19. Sight Fishing

Watching fish on the camera is really fun> One day a musky was being a real pia! But it was fun watching him. Some days it's around some days not. today I saw him only once. You sure can learn alot on what it looks like on your depth finder and how the fish are reacting to the different techniques a guy uses! Have fun, good fishing!
  20. We have a couple openings if anyone is interested…We will be capped at 15 boats. http://www.minnbass.com 2018 Schedule June 2, 2018 – Farm Island June 16, 2018 – Upper/Lower Mission July 7, 2018 – Clearwater July 28, 2018 – Lobster August 18, 2018 – Big Birch September 8, 2018 – Championship, Lake TBD $25 membership per person $400 entry per team Big Bass $20 per boat at the ramp Rules, Payouts and other information listed on the website We are a club that has a ton of fun and we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
  21. Spearfishing - Where are you now?

The tip-up was in slightly shallower water but the difference was probably about two feet. Sounds like Devil's Lake is the good bet but that's quite a jaunt. I have heard that water clarity is a big issue out west and that would really stink if you get somewhere and can't see. Might soak some suckers on Mille Lacs since it looks like the pike angling season is extended again this year. Good luck this weekend!
  22. Spring Turkey

Decoys sure have come along ways from the foam things my grandpa used. I bought some Avian X decoys and retired grandpa’s foam things. I have noticed I am getting more birds into range with the better decoys.
  23. Lot of ice on the shore, only place to fish as of Thursday is two harbors breakwall
  24. Bait to use

I found a great bait selection at the Baxter Fleet Farm today. 3 sizes of suckers, multiple sizes of golden shiners, and of course fat heads and crappies. The first bait shop I tried only had fat heads and crappies.
  25. Been very slow around here any luck anyone? don't want the lake but just general feeling around here. Did some pan fishing in 8-10 fow but got very slow.
  26. Last week
  27. Hey Justin, if you see a 2004 burgundy 1500 Silverado with Iowa plates on shields, Yukon tent. That's the girlfriend and I. Stop by for a Busch latte, or a white Russian. I can't wait to get out of Iowa for the weekend. 4 am on the road!!!!!!!! yeah baby!!!!!! Good luck!!
  28. Bait to use

There was a couple mixed in the bucket. They were big shiners 5 to 6 inch range. The shiners would be down for 6 hours or so each time and we never waited that long for a sucker to be taken. Just our experience. If a guy could have both I say try and see.
  1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• bullheaded

bullheaded 0

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • DTro

DTro 23

• Ben30

Ben30 0

• smalljaw