Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Taping reels to rods

I used a self adhering tape to attach them, but now the tape is getting sticky and a pain to use. Any ideas what something else too use? Thanks
  3. Ice fishing trout

I love big trout. Been hitting snowbank pretty hard the last few days. Lots of follows no hits yet!
  4. Where to go 2+ hrs from Rochester

Thanks for the reply Rick... One more hour to check off something from my only get to do it once bucket list doesn’t sound bad at all. If it were you is that where you would go?
  5. Nills Extension

Wow, that was low! But, from someone so use to bending over-well......
  6. Where to go 2+ hrs from Rochester

Check out the South Central Forum, or MN Metro Forum and ask there as well as the SE MN- Rochester Forum. You may get more answers there as well. If you could extend to three hours away Mille Lacs Lake could for sure accomodate what you are looking for.
  7. Today
  8. Hello... I am coming down to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester from Homer, Alaska on February 11-20 and would like some advice. On the afternoon of Friday the 16th through the evening of Sunday the 18th I have the time to go fishing. I would like to go after some pike and walleye. I would like to stay in a heated shack during my time on the ice. Also some rental gear, a radio and bait might be nice. Any advice on who rents shacks within a 2+ hour drive of Rochester with good size fish? I am looking more for decent size than numbers. Thanks JFaber
  9. Nills Extension

dang near 5'11 with the boots. no prob. 30 inches of ice saturday.
  10. Nills Extension

OK i'm not leech but really? 14"er.. knowing your height Royce you'll probably need a stepladder to start out drilling Sorry bud I had to do it!!
  11. Yesterday
  12. Panfish Pics

That's a pretty one! Nice fish Rick
  13. Nills Extension

got a 14 inch extension on the way to try out next week. should be nice not bending over so far. no crazy comments leech! LOL
  14. I made it out this weekend. Tiny crappies, but one nice size perch. I used both wax worms and minnows.
  15. K drill extension?

Used mine for the first time this weekend and I don't think I've ever used a better cutting auger. Even my wife wanted to take a turn after seeing me use it and she's never used an auger of any type before. We had maybe 18" of ice (just a guess, didn't measure it ) and I cleared the shavings a couple times with just a quick pull up at it worked slick.
  16. Moved house on Friday night in the dark. Got holes drilled and let aired out. Came back out after supper to fish for crappies. Only small ones but had some action. Got up early on Saturday and tried chasing tuilibee's and struck out. Graphed a few but not a bite. Switched back to the house around 8:30/9. Buddies were near the house and had one crappie in the bucket. Five of us fished till 11:30 without a crappie being bigger than 9". Went back out after lunch fished till supper and nothing. Came out again after supper got a 14" and 12.5" in 5 minutes and not a fish after that. Sunday fished from 7 am till 11 nothing bigger than a 8" crappie. Fished 3 hours Friday, 12 hours Saturday, 4.5 hours Sunday with only 2 crappies over 10". Pretty sad but heard a ton of poor reports all over the area.
  17. Panfish Pics

Thanks Tom.
  18. Landowners can generate revenue by allowing public hunting on their private land in 46 Minnesota counties through the Department of Natural Resources Walk-In Access Program. Sign-ups are Monday, Jan. 22, to Friday, April 27. “This program is a win-win for landowners and hunters,” said Scott Roemhildt, DNR Walk-In Access coordinator. “And what’s more, by signing up for three years, landowners can qualify for habitat enhancement on their Walk-In Access acres.” For Walk-In Access, eligible parcels must be at least 40 acres and covered by high quality natural vegetation. Landowners are paid by the acre to allow hunting access from Sept. 1 to May 31. Bonuses are paid on parcels that enroll in a three-year contract, are more than 140 acres and are located near a state wildlife management area or federal waterfowl production area. “This may be an opportune time for landowners to sign up for this program because there is some uncertainty about how it will be funded in the 2018 Farm Bill,” Roemhildt said. In a change this year, landowners who enroll in a three-year contract also may qualify for up to $20,000 in habitat enhancements on their land for prescribed burning, removing invasive trees and brush, or planting native species. Walk-In Access parcels are for public hunting only and no motorized vehicles are allowed on conservation land. Bright yellow-green signs identify area boundaries and parking is along roads or in designated parking areas. Recreational use laws provide extra liability protection for acres enrolled in Walk-In Access. Walk-In Access began in 2011 and has grown to more than 26,700 acres in 2017. The program is currently funded through 2018 with a three-year grant from the Natural Resources Conservation Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under number 69-3A75-16-509. Other funding comes through a surcharge on nonresident hunting licenses, a one-time appropriation from the Minnesota Legislature in 2012 and donations from hunters. Landowners should contact their local soil and water conservation district office for enrollment information. Details can be found at mndnr.gov/walkin. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
  19. K drill extension?

Yea, the guys having issues with the k-drill/fuel combo are not claring out their ice shavings enough. I have had 0 issues with binding or overheating. Have been drilling through ice that comes up to the foam the last three days.
  20. We have been driving about anywhere we want on the lakes north of Winni
  21. I’ve heard mostly pike... good size ones to.
  22. I will second the raw bacon trick. Slow drop is key
  23. What the heck is going on. The fishing sure has been good . With more then a few fish caught this past weekend. Andy, Andy, Aron and Brad did real well and were happy where I set the houses. Heading out to catch the sunrise was a bust as the fog was so thick it was hard just to stay on the road. When I arrived every one was packing up for the long drive home. Chad, Jessica, Matt and Andy had there best fishing the first night but plan on coming back next year. Randy and Tammy also went home with there 8 but have had better fishing. I thought it was great but felt bad that we had fished in old Minnesota the night before. Brad and Cindy did real well there one night in North carolina . They figured they caught at least 15. They did make a mistake on how many they could keep but we were able to give there fish to a couple other guys that had got skunked. Jonny boy and I got north Dakota and montana moved yesterday. Paul, Dex, Derrick showed up right on time for north dakota . They had 7 last night when I checked in on them. Les and his wife arrive today for montana. Its her birthday so I ask Les if he would bring her a German chocolate cake? My favorite. The plan is to move old Minnesota and florida today and then I'm taking the day off and getting that nap I chase after every year on the top bunk of old minnesota I talked to my tranny guy and will be running the red baron in low and 2nd gear for now as the damage is all ready done. I totally understand how hard my trucks work and its always part of the business but it still bums me out. I did get to take white Lightning out on the ice Saturday for a bit and that was a treat. Comfortable seat ,good heat and a radio that picks up the radio station the whole time. She has a couple issue that we will address later in the year. The hammers trail blazer needs a tune up so that's on the honey do list.
  24. K drill extension?

Not sure how everyone else is drilling their holes with the k drill, but I have the 8" on a clam drill plate with the M18 fuel drill and don't have any problems with the drill overheating or the bit not cutting. In 20" of ice, I clear the shavings 2 or 3 times during the cutting process and the drill cuts like a hot knife through butter. Instructions on the k drill float are pretty clear that you should clear the shavings to prevent the drill from binding when cutting in thick ice. Love my k drill!
  25. depends on what lake you go to i guess. i was up the weekend it was so bitter cold. very few lakes have plowed roads like winnie, red, mille lacs. there was probably 6 inches of snow on the ground and lake. the snow on the lake was drifted and had a bit of a crust to it. not sure what the warm strech did to it though. there are several bait shops you could call!!!!!!!!
  26. wow.........i'm shocked. its 27 miles from our cabin. stopped there also snowmobiling and coming thru fishing. quiet the place. so sad to hear.
  27. Trout fishing streams question.

It's all on the DNR website. Get out your map and check it out. Or you could take advice from strangers on the internet. Or you could hire a guide. "Trout Fishing: Seasons and Possession Limits - Streams Today's date: 1/22/18 SpeciesSeasonPossession Limit Inland except southeast counties Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake4/15/17 - 10/1/175 combined, not more than 1 greater than 16" Southeastern Minnesota counties of Dodge, Goodhue, Fillmore, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Wabasha, Winona Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake1/1/17 - 4/14/17Catch-and-release only Southeastern Minnesota counties of Dodge, Goodhue, Fillmore, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Wabasha, Winona Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake4/15/17 - 9/14/175 combined, not more than 1 greater than 16" Southeastern Minnesota counties of Dodge, Goodhue, Fillmore, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Wabasha, Winona Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake9/15/17 - 10/15/17Catch-and-release only Southeastern Minnesota counties of Dodge, Goodhue, Fillmore, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Wabasha, Winona Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake1/1/18 - 4/13/18Catch-and-release only East Beaver Creek in Beaver Creek Valley State Park; Forestville Creek in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; Canfield Creek in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; South Branch Root River in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; Trout Run Creek in Whitewater State Park and Middle Branch Whitewater River in Whitewater State Park. Also, within city boundaries of Chatfield, Lanesboro, Preston and Spring Valley. Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake9/15/16 - 4/14/17Catch-and-release only East Beaver Creek in Beaver Creek Valley State Park; Forestville Creek in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; Canfield Creek in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; South Branch Root River in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; Trout Run Creek in Whitewater State Park and Middle Branch Whitewater River in Whitewater State Park. Also, within city boundaries of Chatfield, Lanesboro, Preston and Spring Valley. Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake4/15/17 - 9/14/175 combined, not more than 1 greater than 16" East Beaver Creek in Beaver Creek Valley State Park; Forestville Creek in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; Canfield Creek in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; South Branch Root River in Forestville/Mystery Cave State Park; Trout Run Creek in Whitewater State Park and Middle Branch Whitewater River in Whitewater State Park. Also, within city boundaries of Chatfield, Lanesboro, Preston and Spring Valley." Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Splake9/15/17 - 4/13/18Catch-and-release only
  28. Sunset Lodge

"Paul and I had a great time up at Sunset Lodge this weekend. The weather was warm and allowed for some additional hole hopping. Caught many keeper walleye between 17”-19” along with good numbers of slab crappie. Paul even landed his personal best walleye.

Thanks again to the awesome staff!!! Everyone does a great job making sure you have everything you need for a day on the ice."

- Steve Kapaun / Paul Anderla

asd.jpg

asdf.jpg

ddd.jpg

fds.jpg

sdfsd.jpg

1. Load more activity

• Members Online

• EyeWannabee

EyeWannabee 1

'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN
    • geezerjohn