• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
blkblt23

shore fishing in st. cloud

blkblt23

just moved here and looing for a good shorefishing spot around st. cloud, sauk rapids, etc. for pike or bass any help?

Stick in Mud

I don't know how familiar you are with the Mississippi, but south of SCSU and under the Sartell dam are both good places to go for walleyes, smallies, and cats. The Sauk can also be good if you are willing to walk around.

Concerning lakes, Sagatagan out at SJU is going to give you more slimers than you can handle, though you usually have to fish all day to get a few over three or four pounds. The bass are also big out there, but again, there are lots of small ones. You can also head out to Cold Spring and fish the Horseshoe Chain, though I haven't done this in a while so I forget where I went.

Hope that helps!

Shack

I have fished SCSU dam are and havfe great luck with cat fish!

OLY

When I lived in st cloud I did alot of fishing below the dam. There are tons of places to fish. You just have to put in the time and you will catch alot of smallies catfish and an occasional walleye pike or cappie. If you want to catch giant carp or suckers you can fish under the bridge up stream from the dam on the scsu side is where I always had the best luck

Timrek

Try lower down from the dam at SCSU near the public boat ramp south of the football field and before you get to the islands. I have pulled some nice smalies out of there.

UncleKes

Just South of the St. Cloud State University campus bellow the 10th Street bridge over the Mississippi directly below the dam you will find a small observation deck. It is a bit of a bother to find though. The last time I was up there you had to drive through the campus to get to it. Anyway, I would park my car on campus and walk down to find the correct route the first time.

Fish the wing dam and observation platform. I was a student up there in the 90's and used to catch loads of smallmouth and eyes off the platform and wing dam. Good Luck!

Shack

UncleKes,

Are you talking about above or below dam. On campus side, their is a fishing pier just below dam. If it not to busy, this is a great place to fish. Most of the time, you will walk all the way down to find no were to fish.

Dean Schellinger

Below the SCSU dam is a great place, both sizes of the river are good so don't limit yourself to the west side. Another option for panfish is the lagoon on the south side of Upper Spunk lake, there is a park, usually lots of people in the spring but fish to be had.

Grant

late summer I used to walk the river after the levels had fallen enough, if you mind your step you can walk all over around the Beaver Islands, and find lots of good holes to fish. I used airphotos to pick spots, otherwise there are lots of shore spots down both banks.

AceintheHole

I fish up there every spring, Fantastic fishing both sides of the river by the Dam

norpikeman

Wade around the beaver Island smallmouth fishing is Excellent walk down from riverside park and just walk the islands looking for deep spots also just below the sartell dam in late fall and early winter is really good for some eyes

Fishin=Easy

Catching lots of smallies north of Clearwater on poppers, no huge ones yet, lots of 12-15 and a few 17inchers shallow slow current areas with little or no wind. a few on cranks and crawlers but I think that most topwater baits are too large to catch numbers of smaller bass.

Borch

It's getting to be prime time for shore fishermen. No matter what your looking for they'll be putting on the feedbag near shore and within your reach. Lots of opportunutities within 30 minutes of St Cloud.