• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
BLACKJACK

Roach rig vrs Lindy rig?

BLACKJACK

The hot tip in the Strib today was to use a Roach rig. When I do a search to see what it looks like, it looks like a glorified Lindy rig. What is the difference between a Roach rig and a Lindy rig? Have you used Roach rigs?

BigWadeS

I am not sure but, doesn't the roach rig have a float above the bead?

Shack

Darn near same thing. Just differnt companies make them. Lindy Joe and Gary Roach.

gunflint

For a Roach rig you should use a rubber snubber bobber stop before the swivel. This allows you to adjust the length of the snell without changing rigs.

upnorth

I use a bobber stop instead of the rubber stopper, it works better. To me being able to easily set the lenght of the leader without retying a huge plus.

Rivernut

Lindy/Little Joe makes the Lindyrig. Northland tackle makes the Roach rig, which as stated above, has a stop to adjust the snell length via the sinker.

Bruce Mosher

Another better option is the Foam Walker from Today's Tackle. IT's a foam body with a weight on the bottom so it never tips over. The foam floats and the weight keeps your line and rig on the bottom. Your line attaches to the top of the foam walker. You can snap it on and off your line. Change weights to match whatever depth you are at. It will also break off in the event of a bad snag so it saves the rest of your rig. No retying that way. It stands at 7" high in the water. You pull it just like a Lindy Rig - slow motion. Less snags than anything else on the market. Best part is when you're done fishing you can snap it off your line and put the rod away without anything banging around. Stop and go retrieves work very well also.

Bruce Mosher

slipperybob

The only thing I don't like about the Floating (Roach) Rig is the hook points down. This has caused some missed hook setting, except in the case where the aggressive walleyes hooks themselves. So I twist and bend the hook to make it point up right or find something else that does that, or modified crawler rig with floater beads.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Cliff Wagenbach
      I agree with the others Tommy! I always enjoy your bits of wisdom and humor! Cliff
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      They are all coming in from the main lake. Cliff
    • FishinCT
      We used to camp on hinsdale all the time. There is one spot on the south shore closer to the east end we stayed almost every time. It's got a big rock outcrop on a small point that slopes down to the water. The picnic table and fire ring are in the open up top. Wide open space and a good breeze will keep the bugs off you. Tent site is fairly hidden. That's the best spot we ever found. Only downside is boat parking. I remember tying up on a log off the the side so probably the same site mentioned earlier.  We stayed there a ton when I was younger and never had any bear encounters, but the bear boxes are there for a reason!
    • meerkat
      I always wondered,  are the walleyes coming over the dam?   or are they swimming in from Pike?
    • Slopfishin
      Why delete your post?  I actually enjoyed reading that story. Seeing stories like yours is half the reason I like checking out this site (I like to check out all the different lake boards on fishingminnesota). 
    • delcecchi
      Hey, we need a little color and humor and Musky Tom does it best.  
    • TomWehler
      Good info to me even. Cliff you can delete my story n junk. Most people don’t know me round here anymore n for sure the humor of life is of no interest. Under stand only want the facts mama. Just the facts. 😎 I endeavor to persevere.  Beef!   
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      The ice on the Pike River between the dam and the lake is opening up fast! Should be wide open in a couple of days at the present rate of melt! The DNR will be trapping walleyes soon!!!  The walleyes are already starting to move in! Pike Bay ice is  also starting to deteriorate quickly! Finally starting to look like we may get some open water for the fishing opener! Cliff 
    • chucker1101
      These aren't campsites to bring your Ranger fiberglass or decked-out Lund into. They're better fitted for smaller 14-16 ft alum boats, something you can drag on shore. Though i'm sure you can figure out how to secure something bigger. Cliff is right, most have sandy/pebble shorelines to pull a smaller boat onto. Almost all of them are well-protected from the prevailing WSW wind. You're gonna get wakes rolling into shore from passing boats, though, as it's a pretty well traveled section of the lake.
    • brrrr
      I camped at a couple sites a few years ago.  no docks, but most of the sites had a half way decent place to put the boat in.  one had a decent log to tie to.  another I threw a couple anchors out back and was able to tie off to a couple trees to keep the boat close yet off the rocks.