• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ikatcher

largemouth bass

ikatcher

took some time out from walleye fishing yesterday to cast for some smallies and caught a 18 inch largemouth. i've been fishing mill lacs for 35 yrs and never caught one before and the guy i was with never saw one before. anybody out there target them? or even caught one? just wondering

Paul Waldowski

There is a fishable population of Largemouth in the lake. You rarely hear of them though, a not many target them. A couple of years ago fishing a multi-species tournament one of the guys brought in 4 fish that came close to a 5 lb average.

Write-Outdoor

I've caught a few nice 3 lb largemouth in Wahkon Bay and the south end bays seem to be where the most action is at. A bass pro I know who loves smallmouth fishing the big pond said he catches a fair number of largemouth as well.

Is this all really a suprise? Trophy pike, muskie, smallmouth in Minnesota's Walleye Factory???? Now largemouth too! If anybody has property on Mille Lacs they want to give me (or sell for $100) let me know! Ha!

Gordie

A few years back I decided to fish for bass and started to fish cove bay and boated several real nice largemouths that averaged 3 to 4 pounds. so when the big pond is just to rough or the eye bite is really slow I grab the bass gear and start flippen and pitchen.

thingfish

I have also caught some really nice largies in Cove,Isle, and wakhon bays while smallmouth fishing. They usually come on soft plastics or bass type spinnerbaits. They come out of the bullrushes and whack the bait. Also some on docks where weeds are close. There was an article around 1997 about a huge 10 pound largemouth caught in (Contact Us Please). Does anyone know how to get that article or where it was published? What a fishery!!!

Thingfish

iland99

I've caught them in Wigwam Bay as well, late in the fall. One day that's all we could catch, we didn't even see a smallie that day. We caught around 10 and had a solid 3 pound average. Big spinnerbaits in the reeds did most of the damage.

bassmillelacssmalllk0.jpg

They're in there!