• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Rain Gear recommendations..

The Yeti

Question

Looking to buy some rain gear for summer. Lightweight and 100% waterproof. Any suggestions?

7 answers to this question

Gander Mountain TecH2O jacket and bibs. Have had it for several years and love it. It is not extremely lightweight, but is 100% waterproof and breathable.

Matt

I like the lite weight Frogg Toggs and if it gets heavy then Gander Mountain TecH2O jacket is nice. I usually just use the Frogg Togg pants as I am to short to find a pair of bibs that fit and don't look like a baby's sleeper on me grin.gif

The Frogg Togg's are great. Lightweight, and they breath very well! And you really can't beat the price.

My vote goes for the Cabelas Gore-Tex. 100% waterproff, windproof and breathable. They are a bit spendy ($400) but they will last a lifetime. Get them slightly bigger than you want and they will double for winter outerwear as well.

I own the Cabela's goretex also. Problem is when it's over 70 degree's the frog togg's are more comfortable. I do love Goretex, but more in spring/fall. Just my experience.

I just bought the Gander Mountain Tech20 rain gear. I fished this past weekend on Devils Lake in 35MPH wind and rain/snow. I stayed dry and warm. It seems to be a bit heavy, but I like it none the less. Also, Gander is giving a $20 gift card for every $100 you spend on "Guide Series" apparel. So I bought a shirt and got $40 bucks in gift cards.

Guide Series TechH2O is my recomendation. If you watch there ads they sometimes go on sale and get them at a great price. Here is what I use mine for.

-fishing (soft water)

-hunting

-ice fishing

-snowmobiling, yes snowmobiling.

-and a good wind block!!!

Just an all around great investment PERIOD!!! There in the boat more then the fishing net.

Good luck,

mr