• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

dave12341234

as title reads.

Eric_Koenig

If you are talking about the Deer Lake just north of Rapids, this is one of my favorites!!! This lake has some HUGE fish. Trolling Cisco Kids seems to do pretty well certain time of the year. Jakes and Salmo pikes work as well. My favorite presentation would have to be soft plastics though, BullDawgs, Eels. Good luck to Ya !!

dave12341234

how bout topwater?

Eric_Koenig

Sounds like you're a top water fan! Me too, but I like the night bight top water on Deer. Full moon and calm. I have had too much luck in the other presentations to switch, but if you tell me different I will change my habits. I guess it's a confidence thing.

dave12341234

this is gonna be my first time muskie fishn, where would u reccomend, what to use, and when do they ussually start spawning? i also heard spider has some too, any luck there?

Raj22

If your such a huge fan of Deer why is that you guide on North Star??

bmc

The only muskies I've ever caught have been on Moose, across from Deer, while walleye fishing. For some reason, my muskie fishing equipment is cursed! grin.gif I usually see more fish on Moose, than on Deer.

Hey Eric, good to see ya' here at FM! Did my dad fill you in on my WI turkey hunt? I guess I need to practice a little more? grin.gif

Brian

Eric_Koenig

As you know Mr. Raj. I do guide other lakes as well. But I guess you already knew that . Thanks for noticing though!!!

Raj22

It wasn't too tough to figue out when you post North Star Guide Service after your name, Mr. Koenig...

By the way, how's the muskie fishing on North Star? That's not much farther than Deer, is it?

Eric_Koenig

Muskie fishing on North Star has been great, glad to see you still have a sence of humor! I still think that Deer is a phenominal lake though. Will I still get those phone calls from ya in the summer to see where the Muskies are?

Eric_Koenig

I did talk to your Dad and yes it sounds like practice may not hurt! Did I hear the right number of misses that occured? It's still a blast though! I had one at 45 yards but the wind was rocking around 35 - 45 mph. A shot gun would have been nice but as you know the string is the only way to go!

Raj22

I'll just stop by the resort to ask you, since I'll be spending a lot of time on North Star this year.

Eric_Koenig

Just remember the new increased slot this year!! I have about a week and a half before it starts getting nuts, lets get out a few times - I'll drive!