• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lew Ford

The Donk

Good god man, put Kubel back in... Leewwwww ser, Lewwwww ser, Man he is just plain horrible mad.gif

"The least fundamentally sound player in the bigs," Pat Reusse

My wife calls him "Corky", like from the TV show 'Life Goes On'. grin.gif

Kubel is the worst position player on the twins roster. He looks clueless in the outfield. Runs to first base like bengie molina with a broken ankle. I'll take Lew Ford anyday over Kubel.

Yeah Kubels impressed me once- with that HR over the baggy last year. He squints and swings the bat like he's blind

lew ford is by far my least liked twins player, then jesse crain, then kubel. give me tyner in left, batting 9th every day. at least he plays with heart.

All three are overrated...we must have the weakest left field in baseball...(off the top of my head), White included in that group.

my least liked player on the twins roster is anyone that stands at the plate with 2 strikes with guys on base and watches the meatball come across the plate for strike 3 SWING THE BAT OR STAY ON THE BENCH.

Kubel is the only player Ive seen strike out multiple times on 3 straight check swings.

I heard that Lew plays D&D online and hangs out with the people that he meets during said games. Maybe he should be more focused on baseball instead of his dwarf killing an ogre grin.gif

In the clubhouse they call him "weird-Lew" just for that reason.

Rumor has it he is also a "Packer Fan" Maybe that is why they call him weird Lew???? grin.giflaugh.gifcool.gif

Of the curerent LF that Mn has on the roster I would rather have Lew then anyone else. Has good speed on the base paths has some pop in his bat and when given a chance to play has in the past put up good numbers. Who cares if he plays games on his off time, looks like you are really searching to find something wrong with him. So far all I have seen on this thread is what Twins player do we pick on this week.. I sure don't hear any comments on the numbers that Hunter is putting on the board. For the past 4 weeks he has pretty much carried this team along with Morneau who is swinging a heavy bat. Boof and Baker are pitching good enough to win and it looks like the Twins have stop sliding downward and are heading back up in the standings. Lot of pitchers on the Dl and this will be an interesting part of the season to get through.

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

Tyner Career 355 1135 137 307 32 9 0 82 54 119 56 13 .270 .307 .315 .622

Ford Career 449 1429 217 392 76 10 29 161 138 217 44 9 .274 .350 .402 .752

Ford has twice the doubles 29-0 in hrs twice the rbi and big margin in slugging and on base, yes he Ford has played almost a 100 more games and has 300 more at bats. I like Tyner also but Ford is more of an every day player between the two of them. A healthy White is who should be out there.

lew only had 4 hr's last year, and if tyner was in left we wouldnt be looking for power, just as i wouldnt be from lew. i think tyner is better on the bases and in field. 5 hr's a year for ford vs. 0 for tyner is pretty much a moot point. i dont think anyone in mn expects power from anyone but morneau, cuddy and t-hunt. thats why we play small ball.

Why is everyone ragging on Lew? We should be ragging on Nick Punto who will probably be batting .150 before the twins permanently replace him.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.