• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishuhalik

2nd weekend fishing report

fishuhalik

Well, finally got up. We started at Tamarack, didn't have a ton of luck, we only got 3 in about 2 hours, so we decided to head over to raven. Good decision. We ended up getting about 25 b/t 12 & 21", I think we kept about 15. After getting the crap beat out of us by the waves we decided to head over to stony. It was a rough start, but we found a great school of fish in 5 fow and ended up getting another 15 or so. Between the 3 of us we went through 2 pints of shiners, I'd say we missed about half of the hits. It seemed that they were really narrowed down this weekend. We tried drifting and picked up a few, but we definitely had our best luck marking bites on the gps and fishing those spots hard. We even had a couple of doubles! All in all a great weekend, my soon to be bro in law said it was his best day of walleye fishing.

HIGHBANKS

Sounds consistant with the reports I've been hearing - here's the latest... Boats have been lingering out in front of High Banks in 9' of water, pulling lindy rigs or a jig and a shiner. Another popular area to hit was Ravens along the west shore. Wind variation was a particular challenge - primarily shifting from the Southeast to Northwest. Spot tail shiners have been scarce - mainly using golden shiners, with some fisherman trying leeches. A high pressure system moved through on Friday evening causing a cold front and the bite to be a little irregular. If perch are your preference - groups have been pulling in 11+ inch perch in 3 ft of water just around Tamarack Point. Water temperatures dropped 5 degrees over the weekend due to the weather fluctuation. Temperatures should be stabilizing early this week to put things back on track.

limited out

Can't say we had the same luck. Fished numerous areas from Friday afternoon until Sunday with limited success. Got a few here and there but definitely not pounding them. Probably ended with around 50 for 9 guys but we did get a very nice collection of 10-12" perch which was a plus. Had the best luck on Tamarac point using lindy rigs.

fishuhalik

It seemed that if we were getting perch just go another 2-3 ft deeper and there were the eyes. Also, one thing I've always found true on winnie is that if you're getting a ton of perch bites, the eyes aren't right there, but they're prolly close by. Once the perch bites stop, maybe a little deeper, watch out!