• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fish lake, eagan

anyone have any experience fishing this lake? looking for a place to take the girlfriend out for some shore fishing. looking for walleye/bass/pike/crappie in teh eagan area. an evening/night bite would be best.

Its a nice lake for sunnies and crappies, occasional northern or bass. Nice pathway to walk w/ your girl, and promise her Coldstone after, will get you more fishing time!

You might want to wait until 5/26 to fish for bass since it's illegal to target them until then.

I was out on Fish Lake about 2 days ago. The dock and the boat landing are rampant with weeds and algae. Doesn't look so good so far.

About 2 summers ago, my wife and I took the boat out there and had a blast. We had 18 bass and 2 northerns in a 4 hour period, none of which came home of course. So if you have a boat, it's your best bet, oh yeah, it's a trolling motor only lake too.

Fish isn't a great shore-fishing lake. Most of the shore-fishing opportunity is on the eastern basin, which is shallow, & once it warms up is full mostly of little sunnies. I've caught a few fish there, but nothing from shore to speak of.

As someone else mentioned, wait another week & you'll have plenty of small-pond options in Eagan for bass.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a late response...but i have to give my 2c

My aunt lives next to this lake, and i usulay have a friend go with me in our little paddle boat. 3 years ago it fishing was very very good, i got a 30inch pike out of there and numerous bass around the rockies next to the road. It seems like the last 2 winters been really really hard on the lake..., when spring time came, a lot of dead fish floated up. Since the first winter kill, bass/pike no where near the numbers we've caught in 2003. Still nice batch of sunnies.

• 2 months later...

I rarely see anyone out there in the summer - for good reason. The heat plus weeds plus uncooperative fish makes the fishing unproductive during the summer months. I've seen two spearing shacks on the ice that probably take their toll as well (nothing against spearing in general, just not wild about taking the better-sized fish out of such a tiny lake).

Quote:

for bass and crappoe right now go to Schwanz Lake

You must really like Schwanz or fish it alot. I see that you have mentioned it more than several times in different threads on FM over this Summer or year. It's a good childrens fishing pond with lotsa small panfish & bass. There are some nice fish to be caught. It does have a pier and public shorline to fish along.

As far as Fish Lake goes it's mostly panfish and is difficult to fish due to heavy weed & algae.