• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
fishwithteeth

eyes and crappies on 5,6, and 7 crow wing

fishwithteeth

New to the Crow Wing chain. Will be fishing 5/18 thru 5/20. Seeking advice. Thank you!

Gonebassin

I have never fished 7th, but 5th and 6th a fair amount. Walleyes seem to be found on 5th around the "sunken" island. Fairly easy to find - there should be some grass growing up. Sometimes there is a milk jug there as a marker. Also - there is a point with rocks/sand that drops to around 16 to 20 feet. The island is more on the northwest portion of the lake. The point is on the southeast side. Best luck on 6th for walleyes is where the river come into 6th from 7th - the entire bay only gets about 14 feet deep or so and early in the year the walleye seem to be in that bay and along the shore to the south of the bay. There is a resort there and when we are up on ealry June, lots of boats fishing in that bay. Also - there is a point as you enter the bay the can be good.

Not much on the crappies - but have found them in the reeds and pads early in the year. The point on 5th and 6th are good, so is some of the back of the bays. There is a lot of small stumps, sticks, etc. close to shore for spawning and we see a lot in these areas. Just before going into 6th from 5th on the right or east side can be good. We target a lot of bass when we go up, but fish some walleye and crappie also. Some nice northerns, but there is a length limit - 40 inches I think.

fishwithteeth

Thank you. Will give a report on Monday.

gilby

Don't catch them all, leave some for me to catch when I come up in july. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

fishwithteeth

We left plenty of fish to be caught later in the year! Fishing was slow with a few small Northerns and a few nice sunnies caught. No 'eyes. Weather did not help - or maybe it was a lack of talent? grin.gif There is always next time.