• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Wondering how deep to fish for walleyes on opener. Never fished Miltona this early in the year. Any ideas would be greatly appreaciated! Good luck to everyone. Thanks in advance.

Not going to be Miltona but a neighboring/similar lake (Ida) this weekend. First thing that comes to my mind is shallow at night. Pull plugs, cast plugs/jigs or slip bobber right up in 10' and less. Other then that all I can say is to try to key in off of the first break of a sand/rubble flat. If there is some new/old weeds around they can attract bait and hence walleyes. Jig and fathead/shiner or live bait rig with shiner or maybe leeches. For back up on opener, I'd have the crappie rods rigged and ready to search them out in the shallows.

Sound advise dubya, dubya.

I guess we are heading to lake caronis in the morning.

Good luck