• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Clear water Crappie tourny.

Anyone fill me in the results of annual Clearwater Crappie

contest. Or any that fished it, was the east side better for larger fish.?

Thanks

The biggest Crappie was over 2 pounds.

Winners had over 13 lbs.for ten fish. 2 fish over 2 lbs. we found lots up shallow in the bays, but the winners came from deeper water.

There were two over 2 lbs, biggest being 2.2 (14.5 inches). Same guys won it as the last two years. They said both first and second place was a "three-peat". The top 4 teams all had over 10 lbs of fish, 5th place a little over 8 I think. Plenty of wind that day.

I fished the tourney the 1st time it was the last year of Daves bait and tackle, then became BJ"S. fished the 1st, 2nd and 3rd annual. Placed 2nd the 1st year 2nd the 2nd year and would have won the dang thing the third year if my bothers son didn't drop a 13 inch crappie back in the lake at time he took the fish out of the live well and was admiring it.that fish had the weight to win as 9 fish was soooo close.

The mount of 10 crappies up in Bj's is from the last tourney I fished. I took largest that year. That 10 fish mount is still there.They were from 10 teams that each gave up the largest fish. It used to be held the last saturday in April. One year it snowed heavy wet snow. it was changed to the 1st saturday in May later on.

Was always a fun day.

The best spot for bigger fish was the east end.

Anyone else out there that fished it back in its begining.?

We were there for the 1st BJs I believe. We were seniors in highschool and didn't have a clue about the lake. We zeroed the first two times we fished it, but have been in the money 8 of the last 10 years we fished it. Took a five year break and got back into it last year with my Dad and 5 yr old. The little guy thinks you get a check evrytime you go to a tournament now( 2 for 2 with him). Anyways i remember the snow day as my partner hid in a garbage bag, always a good time. If you have any tips on where to find the big ones I would love to here some of your thoughts, we can get to that .8lb average, but never the lb+ it takes to win. Thanks for any insight, my email is tfd at mywdo. com

I have fished all of BJ's tourney's over the years, we usually get our money back with 3rd being the best. But this year we were 2 short of our 10 and missed out by a pound, but did catch one big one that was about 1 pound 12 onches. I know exactly where 1st and 2nd place winners caught their fish, they caught them in 8-10 feet of water. Walleyes should be biting for the opener, some people in our group caught a 24 & 26 inchers fishing for crappies. I will let you how opener was on Clearwater next week.

I hope opener on CW is better to ppl this year than it was last year, it was the worst outing I ever had on that lake.