• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
irishjigs

Heading Up For Opener

irishjigs

My buddies and I were just discussing what time to leave for the lake on Friday. We've decided around 1pm. Out of curiosity, when's everyone else leaving the cities on Friday? We hope to get up there around 3-4pm, depending on gasoline lines, bait lines, etc...and of course that one person always being late at the meeting spot where we will take off from.

Danno35

I usually leave in the AM on Friday. That way, you beat most of the traffic, get to the cabin and settle in before heading to the lake for the midnight opener. By the way Irish, did you go to Jefferson??? I am from Bloomington, 88 Grad of Jefferson... Dan

Harmonica Bear

Tonight! A guy has got to get everything ready and set to right. Unfortunately, I have to return on Sunday and then head back up on Thursday night for the opener weekend.

Finlander

4:00AM! 25 minutes from Baxter! grin.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Uncle Levi
      I have an STP frog cutter so I make my own.  
    • Surface Tension
      The torque tab counters the pull caused by the rotation of the prop.   Trimming the outboard in or out(up & down) can make a pull show up or go away.   Your Merc uses an allen wrench or a socket and extension to reach the bolt to loosen the torque tab.  Merc uses a right hand rotation.  If the bow wants to turn right by itself you would move the torque tab towards to the center.
    • ANYFISH2
      Thanks, a day well spent with a good person for sure. Thanks again for the work you put in at the end of the trip!  Your fishing needs to get in better shape I think!😓
    • Wanderer
      You and that Senko were dialed in, no doubt about that!  I think if the wind wasn’t as harsh we could’ve explored the deeper water a little better and maybe got the jig bite dialed in on the hens.  Either way it was a fantastic fishing experience. Some day I’ll try a Senko - maybe. 😃   I think you’ll do very well there this weekend.  Thanks again for taking me with.  It was the best day of open water fishing I’ve had for some time, both fishing and partner wise.
    • Finns
      Made my wife move to the other side of the boat... Great weight shift!😅  Had to cook my own supper that night. ☹️
    • slammer
      Kinda quiet here.  Ive been out a number of times and have had a hard time finding anything consistent for active fish,  crappies or eyes.  Did ok this past weekend but fish were" one here and one there".  Cold front Sat. didn't help.  Looking forward to the weekend with some stable weather and a better bite.
    • ANYFISH2
      I opened up my by bass fishing season this past weekend with the great company of @Wanderer. The catch numbers were great by most respects.  Size was a little smaller on average than I had hoped, I kinda bragged up this little gem and size fell a bit short. 17 as approx the max size we boated on Sat. Fished seem to be in groups concentrated in certain areas, very scattered in between.  Our best action came fishing away from shore, better fish as well.  Plenty of fish were crusing on the shorelines as well they definitely ran smaller though. Wanderer was able to show me how to work a jig effectively as that has never been a tactic I am proficient at.  Thanks Wanderer.  I tried to show the ease and effectivenss of the Senko.   It all  work well as we probably boated over a hundred fish for the day. Everyone share your 2018 Bass experiences here, keep us in loop of what is working you!
    • Borch
      Grand Lake. 
    • JFitz
      Thanks, James! That weather really put fish on the move. Our focus for the tournament was to get two big bites and catch a pair over 26". We felt like in order to do that we had to go west. We had a milk run of spots that were taking big wind so we just rotated through them during the day. Our fish came from 3'-13' casting jerkbaits, Rippin Raps and swimbaits. My dad had been catching a lot of walleyes on shallow rocks while pre-fishing for the bass tourney which really tipped us off on some locations and presentations. We only caught six walleyes during the tournament but they were the right ones. We feel unbelievably fortunate to have had such an awesome experience!
    • monstermoose78
      So so true @Borch!! I am excited to see this grow and read all the reports