• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

20 inch Box Fan

TRZ

You dosint happen to still have the box for the box fan? I's am movin to the trailer acrost the street and cand't seam to fin my box for my box fan.

A good friend of mine who works construction in New York and was involved in the recovery of the jersey that was misplaced underneath the two feet of concrete at the new stadium told me that something else was also found on the site. Having sworn me to secrecy he let it out that a 20" box fan was also recovered. Catching my interest I questioned him and the description fits. Also I thought I might have seen the fan in question several months ago in the rear of an orange VW van here at Lake Iwanttobethere. Being one of the very few who may have seen this fan I think the Fan is still on the lamb.. We can now narrow it down to somewhere on the East coast. This is getting big as the friend also report that there is a picture of the fan at a big box store. They have it as missing and it is printed on the back of fan boxes.

As i was browsing the free adds on the mineapolis cragslist guess what i saw trying to make an address change... thats right a 20 inch box fan. I cannot confirm if its the same one or a possible relative, but without a doubt it has some physical characteristics that seem to be similar. either way i am thinking about stopping over and checking it out... im sure it would help with getting the ice off the lakes a little sooner too.

I can verify the presents of the fan at the lake, because, I too am a resident. I live in the Old Mill, and on that very day I seen it in the back of the VW as it drove past down the road.

However, I seen a story on 20/20 the other night. The story had to do with a counterfeit ring that was involved in the processing of teddybear, unicorn and Kansas City Royals stickers. So, if you happen upon the 20" box fan....please verify by checking the motor and the cord, because there could be someone trying to pass a fake for the ORIGINAL 20" box fan.

This has been a public service announcement amber alert!

Hunter

What can we say......Yes, we need to get a life....But ALL we have is this 20" box fan......(I guess we need to see a shrink)

(this problem has been spread to other web sites to be searched and shared)

Hunter

I couldn’t tell for sure but I thought I seen it on the side of the road today. It sure looked like it but it was mostly covered with fresh cry snow we were getting this morning. Couldn’t stop because of heavy traffic.

I accidently found this thread while looking for some free stuff. Just when I thought the internet couldn't get any more stupid a thread like this comes along and totally restores my confidence in the entire internet. I would have taken this if I had seen it last year. I am building a homemade airplane and I am in the market for a fan to use as a prop. This would have been just the ticket. grin This thread has been very amusing. Thanks to all.

When is the last time you seen a thread last over a year?

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As it is the one year anniversary to the day of which I last posted to this thread, I felt one last post was due.

I read back and I think I was the only serious inquirer about the fan.

It was never meant to be I guess. I could have used the fan, but bought a new one and it still keeps me cool as a cucumber grin

Thanks TRZ for the good times dude smile .

• 2 weeks later...

Once upon a time, there was a post for a used christmas wreath that should be dug from the archives and linked to this topic.

I was at Target tonite, and there in line was a fellow with a brand new 20" box fan. He was actually going to buy a new one. The carton did not have any decals included.

• 3 weeks later...

Clearly this is a business opportunity for someone. 22,000+ views to a used box fan with stickers!

I would like to market this product in Wisconsin; maybe Iowa. How many hours would I have to run the fans for them to be considered used? Is there any special type of KC Royals stickers needed? Do the Teddy Bear and Unicorn stickers add value? I don't want to get to market with a product that misses it's consumer preference.

I'm going to present a challenge.......can't someone make a song about a box fan and post it on here...compile something from all of the posts made here and you are almost guaranteed platinum!!!

• 1 month later...

Be careful out there. I was just at the grocery store and bought a banana. All kinds of kids stickers on them. They could easily be put on any old 20" box fan and pass themselves off as the real deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh where, oh where, has my little fan gone?

Oh where, oh where, could it be?

With it's cord cut short.....

And it's stickers all gone...

Oh where, oh where, could it be?

• 3 weeks later...

I took a canoe trip up to the Boundary Waters last month and I saw the oddest thing on a portage trail. I swear I saw a 20" box fan walk in front of me about 100 feet down the trail. It paused, turned its blades a few times, then disappeared into the woods. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. Of course my camera was in my pack and I couldn't get to it in time. No one in my group believed me. Do 20" box fans migrate north from the cities?!

Are you sure that 20" box fan wasn't under the arm of Sasquatch?

I heard he bought the fan from a garage sale up in Tinta. Yes, Tinta MN. He didn't want to make a scene so he rushed back to his Bentley and sped back to NE MN.

I have to join in on this too, this is without a doubt the funniest thread/story. I was on a separate forum where someone posted a funny reply and the next one said that his reply was almost as good as the FREE 20inch fan, needs motor, now here I am checking it out at work and just laughing my head off.

Coincidence? After reading this, I just happen to be walking down a hallway at work and there on the floor is a 20inch box fan, unfortunately this one is in good working order, though it is missing a handle and the only sticker it has was "Danger keep fingers away from spinning blades" its a 4 blader too

"the only sticker it has was "Danger keep fingers away from spinning blades" its a 4 blader too"

Ooooh, a fan with a bad attitude.

Did it have the little picture of the fingers being severed and the blood flying?

See now if ya took the motor out of the fan that was in working order and put it in the original 20" box fan....then you would have one "cool" fan....haha...that was funny....well sorta!

But then you would have an extra fan that didn't work, and missing a handle....but, then you could start a whole new post!

Hunter

If I had only happened onto this site and posting a year ago. Currently that fan does not have pictures to go with the warning, but you have given me a good idea. This fan while it does run has an annoying whirl, maybe its a hum, its not a clunk, a shimmy or a rub. Its more low pitched than high but its not a vibrating sound either, I think if I had one of them river socks and a tube of elbow grease, I could do some sort of insulating though because the sound is starting to drive me nuts.