• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

20 inch Box Fan

Box fan with bad motor, if you can fix it you could cool yourself with this baby in the window, approx. 5 yrs old. a few kids stickers on it. located in East St.Paul.

If i don't get any offers on this i may have to throw it in a dumpster somewhere, because my cat like to play on it and i worry about him.

i still have the fan, if you think you may get hot this summer please come get it! it would also work great in a ice house or cabin.

TRZ, sorry I cant help myself.

Free. Left sock, right sock is missing but you may have one like it. Still in good shape.

Some things just arent even worth giving away..

Again sorry but I just cant stop laughing.. smile.gif

Are you interested in the fan? if you are i will be home tonight.

The fan has a Unicorn, Teddy bear and a Kansas City Royals baseball club sticker on it. i would think they are removable with some elbow grease. The first one to come get the fan can have it.

While the Unicorn and Teddy Bear stickers intrigue me.....I'll have to pass due to the Royals sticker being attached. Can't poison Twins territory with tainted propaganda supporting a clearly inferior team. GO TWINS

I caught a sock down along the Mississippi River a few weeks back, could this be the missing sock that could complete the pair.

Send me a description and if it matches I'll send it to you.

? is this a left or right handed box fan? If it is right handed I can't use it cuz I would like to blow air out. But I could perhaps use it on the other side of the cabin.

Nofishfisherman- is it an argyle with a hole in the heel? Purple and green argyle to be exact. I have been looking everywhere for that sock. Is is a righty or a lefty?

this is, without a doubt, the best thread i have scene on any website, since the creation of the internet.

could i interest you in a ladder that is missing the rungs on it??? ... paul

Are the fan blades in good shape? I've been running a fan with no blades since last summer. Motor works great, but it might be a nice upgrade if your blades would fit.

The fan has good blades but they are a bit dusty, nothing a bit of elbow grease won't fix and you'll be cool as a cucumber, located in St.Paul hopefully someone will take it by this weekend. it is in front of my place with a free sign.

Quote:

Nofishfisherman- is it an argyle with a hole in the heel? Purple and green argyle to be exact. I have been looking everywhere for that sock. Is is a righty or a lefty?

Sorry its not a match, the one I caught was a plain white athletic sock, the search continues I guess.

I'll take the fan! But I can't get to St. Paul, would you be able to deliver?

Id like to come down and take a look at it on Saturday. Im up in the Brainerd area so it will take me a few hours to get down there. Im supposed to work but I can take the day off. Just need to stop and fill my truck with gas first. Hopefully I can do the trip on one tank of gas in the big truck. Does the fan have metal or plastic grills? Hows the power cord? 2 prong or 3 prong? Cant wait to check it out. Why buy new when slightly used will do. grin.gif

i should be home most of the day of not it is in front of my house just drop me an e-mail. The fan is mostly plastic but the motor is metal, good 2 prong cord.

i don't want to sell it i just wanted to be nice and give it away, but now i seems everyone is making fun of me so maybe i should just waste it and throw it away somewhere. frown.gif

Sorry TRZ, I started the whole deal.

You got to admit it is pretty humerous when you REALLY look at all the posts in the thread. Please dont take it the wrong way. I have been the butt in many jokes and find it fun to laugh at myself at times. Good for the soul..

come on people the guy is trying to get rid of his fan this the "free things only" section and it states in the website not to pick apart anyones ad so why is everbody doing just that? also I saw in another section someone talking about the funniest posts on fm and this one is the top vote getter?? I dont see whats so funny about a guy giving away a free fan and now everybody is giving him hard time I cant believe the moderators have not locked up this post yet good luck with the fan TRZ

TRZ,

What is wrong with motor? Does it run blades at all or make a noise? I am heading to St. Paul's west side today. Do you live any were near there. I need another box fan for exhausting paint fumes out of window of my garage. If it does not run at all, I probobly will not be intrested in it.

If you decide to throw the fan out, make sure you don't toss it into a private dumpster, or you could get into some serious trouble.

I would consider wiping the prints off it with some elbow grease so that the sanitation police can't trace your prints back through AFIS.

How many blades does this pup have?

What color is the unicorn?

I guess that's better than: "fan is O.K., cat is gone."

Not MUCH better, but it'll do. smirk.gif