• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Awesome hunt!

dukhnt

Last saturday was the opening day of turkey hunting for my dad and I. On our way out to the woods he tells me "You can take first crack at a gobbler." Don't know if he regrets saying that, but I am happy he did. We weren't set up long and we hear gobbling everywhere, mostly in the distance. About an hour into the season we hear one close. My dad calls in this great tom. He came in full strut and I nailed him at 35 yards. He weighed 23 lbs 9 ounces, 9 1/4 inch beard, and 1 inch spurs. One hour into the hunt and my season is done. So it was my turn to call one in for him. After nothing the rest of saturday and sunday we were on our last day due to work commitments. I call in 3 jakes 50 minutes into that days hunt and it was over. Not a huge bird but a nice turkey anyways. What a great 3 days of hunting. And what great memories were made. Here is a couple photos of my bird. I knew I should of signed up for the HSO turkey contest.

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Great hunt and pictures!

Gotta love being able to share a hunt like that with your dad!

Congrats!

Congratulations on a dandy bird dukhnt.

As the father of my own turkey hunting son, I can pretty much guarantee your dad doesn't regret it in the least.

Awesome memories for both of you.

Thanks for sharing your story.