• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll be up turkey hunting all of next week and hope to get out fishing a couple days as well. I'm curious about the Alex area water temps. Anyone take note of the temps over the weekend? Big lakes? Small lakes? I'm trying to narrow down where to start fishing.

Geneva was 51.5 saturday afternoon according to our temp gauge on the Graph.

Some of the bays are over 65deg. I found most of the crappie to be moved out of those shallow bays already. I'd try deeper areas close to the bays if I was you.

Both lakes I was on Saturday were 54 and 55 degrees in the main parts and 65 in the shallow, dark bays.

Crappies I found were in the reeds over dark bottoms.

Thanks guys for the responses. Since I will be looking for main lake temps in the low 60's a week from today, it looks like things are shaping up nicely. Now I need to focus on getting my gobbler...

Any updated temps from this past weekend?