• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Meat-Run

Balancer weight kits for rod buts???

Meat-Run

I thought I would start here in this forum first but I think the Bass Heads will hopefully chime in and help. I'm looking for balancer weight kits for my fishing rod that is heavy action and slightly heavy in the tip. I know BPS and Cab have them but it's geared more toward there own branded fishing poles. What I'm looking for is the insert and weights that can work on a heavy action rod?

Anybody know of a brand name or company that sells them? Thanks for any help or leads?

mr

DinkADunk

Fuji EWBC Weighted Butt Cap. You'll need to remove your current butt cap or turn down the cork on the end of your rod, then expoxy the new butt cap in place. Weight is handled through some included washers.

Meat-Run

DaD,

I did a google and came up with this product but I'm not sure if there is enough weight to do the job? Do you have this kit or system or know anyone that has used it?

mr

Deitz Dittrich

Go to a store that has office supplies.. and buy a chair leg cap(they come in a lot of different sizes so get one to fit your rod.)... put as many quarters in it till it weights the rod nicely.. then always remember you have a an extra dollar or two when in need. cool.gif

RobertELee

Are you talking about the "Rod Balancer"? If that is what you are talking about yes there is enough weight to do a heavy action rod. And if you need to add weight just add a couple quarters in there also.

Pherris

The product you are looking for is called "The Balancer" it sold by bass pro for $6.99. You go to the bass pro web site and search for the balancer and it will come up. I have them on most of my rods. I am a big fan of a balanced rod for several reasons but the two main reasons are sensitivity and arm fatigue that occurs much sooner if a rod is not properly balanced. Pick some up I am sure you will be pleased. Good Fishing!!

Meat-Run

Quote:

Go to a store that has office supplies.. and buy a chair leg cap(they come in a lot of different sizes so get one to fit your rod.)... put as many quarters in it till it weights the rod nicely.. then always remember you have a an extra dollar or two when in need.
cool.gif

Hey Deitz,

I know I could count on you bass heads. Thanks for the great tip. I might run over to office max today and give it a try.

Thanks a bunch!!!!

mr grin.gifgrin.gif

Deitz Dittrich

keep in mind "the ballencer" is a good product as well..

but glad I was able to help.

Pherris

Deitz,

How can I send you a PM? or do you have an email I can contact you through? I want to shoot you an email on soemthing. Thanks Pherris

Deitz Dittrich

Pherris, we do not have PM here in FM.. I shot you an e-mail to the one you have listed with FM, feel free to reply to me on this issue.

Pherris

Thanks Deitz,

Email sent.