• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Muddog

As of 4pm today. Water temp at German/Jefferson landing was 40.0 F. I saw no bugs at all. I didn't check the temp at the Mill pond.

Two days to Trout opener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a ZOO! grin.gif

fishingboy2008

Ill be down there...and ur right about it being a zoo on opener!

yamydude

I fished german this afternoon water temps were as high as 42.0 on the north side of the lake and as low as 37.5 in the middle of the lake the bite was very slow found some crappie very deep and tough to catch.

KMR85

Madison was anywhere from 44-47 degrees today

Matt C

I was out on French all morning/mid afternoon. water temp ranged from 37.7 to 44.5.

Im out on Kelly lake now, and the waters at 44-47.2

I marked alot of fish on French in 40 feet of water, suspended at 15 to 20. Nothing in the shallows. I will be out for hopefully a night bite on Kelly/Dudley this evening.

Scott K

Fished washington this afternoon, sunday, water temps between 38-44, couple bites, nothing in the boat. Docks not in for west wood bar, said not for 2 more weeks!

Muddog

I went to Geldners saw Mill Pond after work today. The Crappies were bitting. Minnows or Crawlers were working.

Matt C

I played hookie today and went fishing. French temps at 45 to 48. DNR was out putting up nets this afternoon.

My wife had a nice one on, didnt get it in the boat. Lots of fished marked at 18 to 9 feet suspended. Nothing in the shallows.

Team Otter

Water temperature on German last night ranged between 42 - 45 degrees.

Muddog

Geldners saw Mill Pond 53-56. 4/17/07

BIG DIESEL

What temp does it generally need to get to before the crappies start to move/spawn and get hungry in the shallow waters?

harvey lee

I have usually had good luck around the high 50's and when she hits the 60's it can be great. I will be out on the lakes next week a few times for those slabs.

I have to chase some sturgeon first. Then, look out crappies.

Muddog

As I said; "Geldners saw Mill Pond 53-56". The Crappiies are there.

gunderson21

does anyone care to share the directions to this pond so I can try a little crappie fishing?

Mossy19

Where are you coming from? The directions from St. Peter are as follows: Take Hwy 99 East to Cleveland, take a right onto County Road 15 (Kokomo's is on the right), go about 1 mile out of town and take a left on County road 13??(do not go straight, there is a house that stands alone on the left), stay on that road for about 7 miles, you will then see Summer breeze resort(on the right), keep going, the road will then "Y", stay to your right, follow the road and Lake German will be on your left, and Big Jefferson will be on your right, go across the bridge and about 1/4 mile after you cross the bridge you will see the saw mill, You are there. You can't miss it, especially if the crappies are biting, there will be a lot of of vehicles there.

I hope that helps. I just wish I knew which way you would be coming from.

gunderson21

thanks a lot!! I am coming from mankato so that should work for me..

Muddog

you could go to Madison lake turn north go past Duck lake (on yor left). when you get to the four way stop turn right keep going until the first stop sign. turn left on county road 13 (Geldners Mill road). It will be on the left.

You could stay on hwy 60 and meet up with Cty rd 13 on the WEST side of Lake Frances.

wplatehunter

Washington was anywhere from 48-51 and Madison was 48-55 on Wednesday.

luckycrank

SHHEILDS, WAS 51-55 THURSDAY I M GUESSING CAUSE THE WATER HAD A LITTLE COLOR TO IT.

BIG DIESEL

Thanks guys for the info. I hope to try to get out with my dad in the next week or so.

pikerliker

Water on Francis and Madison yesterday varied from 48 on the main lake to 52+ in some of the sheltered bays.

~piker

ice-man/vexilar-king

Any panfish on Madison yesterday! I was out there and got a few Waleye's but not much I could keep. 54% was the warmest i found.

No_Net

Jefferson main lake was 52 to 57 degrees. and in the sawmill it was 61% 62%.

zepman

Ice-Man,

There is warmer water on Madison. I've been out the past few days and it will vary as much as 10 degrees throughout the lake. If you find the warm water the fish are there.

ice-man/vexilar-king

Zep I was out last night and found some of that warmer water and the fish were there Trouble and I put the hurt on them. I can't give details as there is a crappie contest there Sat, but they were shallow and were very tight to certain area's.