• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
spankster

Lund is going into fiberglass

spankster

Not sure if many of you have yet seen the new Lund 1750 Tyee but it looks alot like a Ranger. I talked with a dealer (Nelson Marine) and apparently Lund is returning to fiberglass to try to grab from the ranger reata market. The boat looks nice. Just wondering what you Lund owners think about it? Makes sense to me as well as if they can build the same quality into their fiberglass as they do into their aluminum, they should sell well. But there are other opinions, I am sure....

Kyle Sandberg

I like the look of it and think lund will do a good job with it. When your dealing with lund, you probably get the best for your money. Just my .02$.

walleyeJoe

i think lund is just doing everything they can to try to keep up with different manufacturers....there just too expensive now days....

spankster

Walleye Joe, what kind of boat do you use? I believe you that Lund's are expensive. However, I think the quality and the resale value are worth the cost. I have owned a Tyee 1850, Tyee 1950 and now a Baron Gran Sport. I have always liked the look of the Ranger boat but wanted to buy Minnesotan.....

minnesotatuff

warrior!

regards,

minnesotatuff

TrophyEyes

We have a 1950 Tyee and like it a lot. There are some downfalls to that boat, but all and all it does the job. I do think they could look at some of the ranger storage ideas and improve the Lund a bit. I also have had some problems with the snaps and compartments breaking (the hardware).

walleyeJoe

i actually have a 2002 lund pro-v SE 2025. with all the bells and whistles. the only reason lund is making the fiberglass is because they are under new ownership from brunswick, which in terms mean we have no control over what they may do next with those beautiful double riveted hulls. DONT'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE MY LUND. i have been in some serious rollers with that thing and felt safer than i would in my own bed. they know how to make a boat. but the new owners are scaring me with the fiberglass.

Team Otter

I think it brings another nice division to an already successful boat manufacturer. It's part of the signs of the times.