• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
terrible_fisherman

Where to travel to

terrible_fisherman

A friend and I are planning a 4-5 day vacation in early June to go fishing on some lakes that we have not been on before. Sadly, the ladies are coming with and one of them is pregnant so will need to rent a cabin or hotel for the days we are traveling.

I am wondering if anybody has an suggestions on any lakes or areas within 2-3 hours of Saint Cloud that are fun to hang out around that time of year and have some decent fisheries.

Thanks for any information.

kb1965

I have stayed at Towering Pines resort on the white fish chain. They have cabins and trailers to rent. It is located on clamshell lake. There number and address are located in the resort finder, under Brainard area. Friendly owners and a lot of water to fish.

bigdog

Peters resort on Minnewaska. Couple places on Osakis and around Alex.

Borch

I really like the Cass Lake chain. It's a 3 hour trip and worth every mile especially that time of year. I'll be up there a couple of weeks later. Check the sponser link in my signature for resorts.

I would second Borch's claim for Cass Lake.It is a nine lake chain so you can always get out of the wind.Lots to do in the area also.We stayed at Break on the Lake resort and enjoyed it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      It would take a lot of code to make multiple windows tiling the screen work, would be my guess, and would create few additional sales so isn't worth the expenses.    Just pick up an inexpensive 5 to 7 inch unit and use it for the map.   
    • Wanderer
      You look like the Phantom Fisherman - except the toes.  Or maybe the River Detective  🕵️‍♂️ Gotta love those good runs in short times!   
    • Bryan P
      Awesome Eyeguy! That is a good run of smallies there. I like your spot, that was my favorite fishing stretch for them when I lived in St cloud. Mississippi is such a great smallie fishery. Im blessed to live right next to it too. Now lets get the current to go down some! 
    • eyeguy 54
      I LOVE SMALLIES !  LOL  I am blessed to live close to so much fun. 
    • pikeandchester
      Spent a couple hours on Elysian this afternoon.  Drove around some shallow areas on the south east end of the lake with the trolling motor and only saw carp. Water is still unusually clear for this lake, at any time of the year, and 79 degrees near shore. May be a great opportunity for a bow fisherman, even in the daylight. Tried soaking minnows in a hole on the north end with no luck.
    • Fully Kraeusened
      My choice would be Namakan, but honestly that’s mostly based on emotion. It’s where my dad and I fished the most while up there. I also think it’s prettier than Kab.  I’ve never been on Sand Point or Crane. Just my two cents. I’ll be up there one week from today. Staying on the Ash River if anyone would care to enjoy a cold one first round is on my buddy. 😁
    • ANYFISH2
      Sounds like a heck of an evening! Alot of fun also.
    • eyeguy 54
      Hit the water at 5 and back to shore at 7. 21 smallies smacked the stick bait.   Biggest went 18.  Had one that did a great jump and landed in the yak by my foot. LOL 
    • ANYFISH2
      Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all! I would like Thank all, that have made the ultimate sacrifice for us all, as well as thier families.  THANK YOU! My blessings to you, who use this weekend in remembrance of you passed loved ones.  God bless.   Hope those that get out on our lakes have a safe and successful weekend.   Remember to let us know how your weekend went, and please give us a report in our Area forums!  
    • ANYFISH2
      Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all! I would like Thank all, that have made the ultimate sacrifice for us all, as well as thier families.  THANK YOU! My blessings to you, who use this weekend in remembrance of you passed loved ones.  God bless.   Hope those that get out on our lakes have a safe and successful weekend.   Remember to let us know how your weekend went, and give us a report here in the Brainerd Lakes area!