• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2008 Final Four in San Antonio

Scott M

Any predictions for next year's final four? UCLA should be pretty tough again with or without Afflalo, Kansas or North Carolina if they can keep some of their underclassman studs, USC if Mayo is the real deal, Georgetown will be tough in the Big East, Memphis will do the Conference USA bit again.

I dunno. Could be a similar looking Elite 8 or Final 4. Any sleepers I'm missing? George Mason you say grin.gif ? Washington State? This year teams will see them coming so probably not. Tennessee is pretty deep, with or without Lofton.

I'd like to root for a Big Ten team, but there really aren't any teams to get too excited about for contending for a national title. That is assuming Oden and Conley go pro. Heck, I can't even pick the winner for next year's Big Ten champs. There really isn't a clear cut favorite. Michigan State usually is good year in and out and recruits well. Neitzel is probably the biggest name that is back. If Indiana can put something around D.J. White and learn Sampson's defense, they could be good.

Assuming Conley Jr. stays with Ohio State, I would put them as a Final 4 favorite. I may sound like a heretic here, but I think as of right now, he is more valuable than Oden.

Otherwise, I agree that UCLA is a solid favorite.

i'm assuming everyone is betting on durant leaving for the NBA. if for some reason he stays, how bout texas? i also like USC and Kansas and UNC are always gonna be there. how bout Gtown. i'm wondering which new coach is gonna have the biggest impact in the big ten. i like belien(sp) at michigan. and ya got tubby and what's his name at Iowa.

i'll probably end up picking kansas again only to have them burn me as always cool.gif

Gopher fan stuck in Ia, so I cheer for the Big ten and not Ia, so that means OSU. Next year they are loaded. The only lose ODen, Harris and Lewis. Conley will stay. They have 7'1" stud coming (and can shoot the three ((from Europe)) and the leading scorer in Ohio basketball history, a 6'7" guard by the name of Diebler. If Conley stays, they have deadly backcourt. Throw in Butler, leighty, Cook, Hunter and they are loaded, maybe not better than this years team, but more well rounded. Not better than this years team, but good enough to beat anybody next year as I can't think of a team that could have beaten FL in the last decade and yes, that includes 05' NC. Maybe 98 KEnt, and for sure 96 Kent.

Good point about Ohio State-they played that well with Oden on the bench, they really can open the floor up with him gone. But I would mirror what a lot of people have said and that is that it would depend a lot on getting Conley back. If I'm him I'm going to the big show. He'd be the first PG taken.

there are some good pg's this year and i gotta think some will leave. acie law, connely, the kid from texas, the kid from ucla, the fast guy from unc. i need to do a little better on the names, but i think alot of these underclassmen will leave and they are all good. and kansas has a good one too. and brooks from oregon. if any of those teams had been in the finals, they would have all recieved the hype that connely jr got.