• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 Playoff Predictions Thread.

Spinner1

Time to go public with your predictions. OK to post your reasons, but if you would, please keep the back and forth commentary off this thread so we can keep it easy to reference later. We can spar all season on other threads we start. Here's my predictions.....

AL East- Red Sox

AL Central- Tigers

AL West- Angels

AL Wildcard- Twins

NL East- Mets

NL Central- Cardinals

NL West- Padres

NL Wildcard- Cubs

Tigers win the 2007 World Series. Twins win the 2008 series. You heard it here first. smile.gif

Whitesox and Angels have a decent chance of screwing up my predictions. I'd like to pick the Reds, but the pitching and defense is just not there.

AL East...Yankees

AL Central...Tigers

AL West...Angels

AL Wildcard...A's...in a close one over Boston, Cleveland, and the Twins.

NL East...Mets

NL Central...Cubs

NL West...Dodgers (best race...close over Padres and Diamondbacks).

NL Wildcard...Phillies

This kind of pains me because I love the Twins - I don't think they have enough starting pitching this year - and I hate the Cubs and Yankees. But I like Lou Pinella...

But in 2008, if Garza and Bonser can develop and can shoulder the load of starting all year, and Liriano can come back healthy, the Twins should be pretty dominant...

I'll take the Mets and Angels in the World Series.

AL East- Boston

AL Central- Detroit

AL West- Oakland

Wild Card- Anaheim

NL East- Mets

NL Central- St. Louis

NL West- San Francisco

Wild Card- LA Dodgers

Boston over San Francisco

AL Cy Young- Jeremy Bonderman DET

NL Cy Young- Matt Cain SF

AL MVP- Manny Ramirez BOS

NL MVP- Carlos Beltran NYM

AL East - Boston

AL Central - Twins

AL West - Angels

AL Wildcard - Yankees

NL East - Atlanta

NL Central - St. Louis

NL West - Padres

NL Wildcard - Reds

That's my pridictions, call me nuts but I think the Twins will run away with the Central and go on to win the Seris!

AL East- Red Sox

AL Central - Tigers

AL West- Angels

AL Wildcard- Yankees

NL East- Braves

NL Central- Cubs

NL West- Dodgers

NL Wildcard- Mets

AL East - Yankees

AL Central - Twins

AL West - Angels

AL Wildcard - Tigers

NL East - Braves

NL Central - Brewers

NL West - Dodgers

NL Wild Card - Mets

AL Cy Young - Santana

NL Cy Young - Ben Sheets

AL MVP - Vlad Guerrero

NL MVP - Jose Reyes

East - Yankees

Cental - Twins

West - Angels

Wildcard - Bluejays

NL East - Mets

NL Central - Cards

NL West - Giants

NL Wild Card - Reds

AL Cy Young - Johan

AL MVP - A Rod

NL Cy Young - Barry Zito

NL MVP - Albert Pujols

Wow, I'm surprised that more people didn't choose the Brew Crew for the NL Central! I hear that they will do very well this year. But, on that note, Twins to win the AL Central

World Series

Mets over the Red Sox

Twins win the Al Central

but lose to the Red Sox

Mets win it all

Still a Twins fan/but need to be honest here smirk.gif

• 5 months later...

lets see i was 1 for 8 in my prediction.... not bad wink.gif

it sure has been an interesting year. i never would have guessed that the yankees would have turned it around the way they did after their dismal start and their pitching problems.

The NL really surprised me. i didn't think the NL west was going to be as good as they showed this year.

CLEV over the Yanks-- in 5

Boston over the Halos- in 4

Rockies over the Padres in playoff

Phills over the Rockies in 5

D-back over Cubs in 5

Boston over the tribe in 6

Phills over the Backs in 7

Boston over the Phills in 4

Yankees over Indians - 4

Red Sox over Anaheim - 4

Phillies over Rockies - 5

D-Backs over Cubs (sorry Geno) - 5

Red Sox over Yankees - 6

Phillies over D-Backs - 6

Red Sox over Phillies - 6

Rockies in the Playoff Game

Phils over Rockies in 5 (could be ripe for a Rocky Mountain High though)

D-Backs over the Cubbies in 4

Tribe over Yanks in 4

BoSox over Halos in 5 (though it could be a California Dream)

Tribe over BoSox in 6 (upset special)

Phills over D-Backs in 7

Tribe over Phills in a 7 game midwestern thriller as Cleveland Rocks!

Windy

Wow, what a playoff game last night. Here is my picks. I was 2 for 8 in my picks back in april. crazy.gif

Cleveland vs New York (Cleveland in 4)

Anaheim vs Boston (Boston in 5)

Arizona vs Chicago (Arizona in 3)

Philadelphia vs Colorado (Philly in 4)

ALCS

Cleveland vs Boston (Boston in 6)

NLCS

Arizona vs Philadelphia (Philly in 6)

World Series

Boston vs Philadelphia (Philly in 6)

MVP- SS Jimmy Rollins

Quote:

Wow, what a playoff game last night.

Yeah thats to bad they blew the call at the plate with the winning run he never touched the plate, he was out!

Yeah, but didn't they miss a homer for the Rockies, called it a double and the guy did not score, at least that is what one of the talking heads said on the radio this morning on my way to work.

Windy