• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
riversmallmouth35

goose decoys

riversmallmouth35

I am kind of new to goose hunting and only have a flag and a dozen and a half shell decoys. Was thinking of getting some silhouette decoys but dont know what to get. I am only 14 so don`t have to much money to spend on full bodies. Was also wondering if there are any cheap shell decoys out there that work decent.

thanks for any help

tealitup

Hello Rivers,

Just a question. Do you have patience? I mean can you sit and paint a decoy? If so, I have some old decoys that I maybe able to give to you. Some shells and full bodies that I do not use anymore.

This would be free just to keep you hunting and keeping the tradition alive. One rule, after your done with them you have to give them to another young hunter.

riversmallmouth35

Teal that would be great!! I was thinking of just making my own silhouettes by painting them myself so I do have the patience. How many decoys are you talking about because I dont have to much storage space. Thanks for the offer even if it doesnt workout.

myzee13

I was just talking to my hunting buddy this weekend about getting rid of a few of our deeks we don''t use any more... some are homemade silo's, some are shells....if you want them, let me know, we don't plan on giving them away, but we'll definitely give ya a good deal. laugh.gif

Superduty

Ebay can be a good option for used decoys. Most of the time you can find a deal on used or factory seconds realgeese silos.

riversmallmouth35

teal I am going to the cities this weekend. Is the offer still up. If it isn't thanks anyways.

tacklebox7FF

What sixe are your shell decoys?? are u using a shot pole flag? The silhouettes work pretty good I have some real geese silhouettes. They work good for filling in spots in your decoys expecially with fullbodies.. The only crappy thing about silhouettes is that when the geese fly over the top they don't see anything, and don't commit as good. but from a distance they look good and when the geese are flying low they work good. I would personally only buy silhouettes if I had full bodied decoys. but then again it depends on where your hunting too...What I usually do is I'll buy a couple decoys a year, or buy some slightly used ones from guides I know that upgrade... they sell me there fullbodies for 10 dollars a piece.. and they take care of them too...have any more questions? I have a lot more awnsers!!

tb

tealitup

The decoys are at my families in Big Lake. I am planning a trip up there next week. Send your email address

big drift

The nice thing about silos is the fact they disappear, when the geese are circling or approaching they have the appearance of movement as they come and go. We have had great reactions with using only silo's in the early season.

I agree the silos are great for fillers but limit your sentrys in the main flock and move them out to appear as if they are new arrivals entering the feeding group. Just my .02

bd

riversmallmouth35

How many silohouettes should I use? Will shell decoys work with the silohouettes to? Thanks for the help everyone.

Teal heres my email- pkbasketball@clearwire.net

Rainman

Silos work vry well with shells.