• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Sonar/GPS recommendations?

fisher_king2004

Question

Time to upgrade my open water electronics. I'm looking to buy a new sonar/GPS unit for my boat. Budget is between $500 and $1000.

What are some features that I should consider and what experience do others have with brands? I've got a gift certificate for Cabelas so it will have to be available there.

3 answers to this question

I too would be interested in recommendations. My budget is a bit lower tho, with about 600 being tops.

I know Reeds had the Lowrance 334c on sale for $500 that's a sonar/gps combo with built in antenna it's color also. Hanson just bought one and he likes it.

Or you could the New 500 "520/522" series is a good unit but you will be paying a little more around $650 for the external or internal antenna models.

All units use the latest Map Chips available.

fisher king with your budget you should be able to upgrade to a bigger screen if you want maybe find a 25c.

Cabelas has the 330C on clearance at 399.00. Iv'e been real happy with mine since 2003. DrJ.