• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looking for a good guide for the St. Croix?

Gunslinger

I consider myself a pretty good walleye fisherman but am new to fishing rivers. I've done alright but feel as if I don't know the secrets to the croix. I live so close I'm thinking of hiring a guide to show me the ropes and set me up for a good year this year.

Any recommendations?

[email protected]

The Turk-man will put you onto some fish. croixsippi giudeservice. Look to his posts here and you can link to his homepage. Knowledgable and puts his clients on some nice fish.

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I'd have to give Turk the vote as well. I have been fishing the Croix for about 7 years. I've conversed briefly with Turk but more importantly I've seen him on the water...Catching Fish! In fact more often times than not he's producing fish whenever he's in the area. If there not there (the eye's that is) He generally moves on. Suffice it to say I don't think you could go wrong...I've pondered hiring him myself but I'm too stubborn and I enjoy spending time on the water. Hope that helps. Spring is just around the corner. I suppose I'd better clean my reels, clean my tackle boxes, clean the boat, grease the hubs, change my line, buy some new gear, get my engine tuned, replace the spare that went on my trip to Upper Red...oh boy, I gotta go!!! shocked.gif

from all I hear, Turk is the go-to-guy on Croix. A friend and I are looking to set up a guide trip with him this year as well... I've been fishing the Croix for only two years and feel like I've hit a wall so I'm looking to make a quantum leap in learning and I believe Turk is the guy to learn from!

StCroixNewB & Gunslinger - Turk has logged huge hours on the Croix and has a big bag of tricks to pick from. He’s a great guy on and off the water. Hiring him will be well worth the money.

As stated in previous replies, Turk is the man on the St. Croix. He has won the River Rat Tournament multiple times. I have employed his services and I can assure you that you will have a good time and catch a lot of fish. Besides, he is a great guy as well.

Turk is very good, but the griz is also a great croix guide he brings in some great stringers.