• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
shogun

live minnows in lake superior?

shogun

I always thought it was illegal to use live minnows in lake superior but I have seen people doing it from time to time, so I am just seeking some clarification, can you use live minnows fishing in lake superior? I would have to guess no.

Capt.Blaine

Yes you can it is not a designated trout lake.

shogun

Thanks Capt. Blaine, this is good to know. I am surprised that I have hardly ever seen anyone using live minnows. I would think there would be more? Do you have to be any distance from where a tributary enters the lake?

Quickstrike

I am pretty sure that the live bait regs are the same as any non designated trout lake. I think you can fish with minnows IN the river if you wanted to. I know over in chequamigan bay everyone uses minnows. There are laws against possesing or transporting LIVE smelt, but any minnow you buy in a bait shop should be ok to use. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Surface Tension

No problem using minnows.

Capt.Blaine

There are no distance laws against the use of live bait around tributaries. But in some of the North Shore streams where they are designated trout waters you may not use minnows. These streams are marked with signs to inform you if they are designated trout streams. Like Quickstrike said you may use minnows in the St. Louis.

Northlander

Minnows? Who needs those stinkin minnows on the river? wink.gif

traveler

Exactly:)

shogun

Okay - thanks for all of the replies guys!