• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

wood lake-comfrey

anyone here ever fished wood lake by comfrey? i live just a few miles away. looked on the dnr's lake finder and it looks lik an ok lake. i always thought it was just loaded with bullheads but never fished on it.

lang..yrs ago they used to pull BIG pike and jumbo perch outta there...been a long time since i have been there and the deepest spot you will find is about 8 feet..if ya fish it..and its safe walk straight across from the park access towards the other shore.. had my best luck over there smile.gif

thanks for the info. i have talked to a few older guys in the area and they used to canoe there in the fall and get lots of nice northerns. Once the mercury hits above 0 ill maybe take a look at it haha

A friend of mine always did very well on Northerns in the springtime on the west end wading the slough part and casting spinnerbaits too

when you walk out from the park which way do you go? more towards the north or to the west? might try it tomorrow afternoon for a while. would be cool to find the pike and some nice perch.

from the park go north towards the other side if the ice is safe.. you should be about 100 yards from the north shore.. or else walk north east from the park and only go out about 100-150 yds and try it there.. lemme know how ya did too!!

thanks for the info. might give a go this afternoon yet. ive never ice fished much for northern whats a good technique? ive got minnows but the biggest i got are probably only 3 inches long.

go to Richert's baitshop and get some shiners or bigger suckers and fish with a tip up or else a big bobber like summerfishing

Lang summer 2004 Walleyes were one after another! the DNR in spicer suggested it to me,Good catfishin too.Had to edit!! wrong lake mines be Hanley Falls,try it if ya get in the area

tried wood lake yesterday afternoon. in most places i drilled there was more ice than water. ice was about 20-22 inches thick. walked out fifty yards from shore and only found solid ice then mud..no water at all there. did find a spot with almost 4 feet of water tried that for a bit and found nothing. left after a while and tried on the little cottonwood river by my house and caught a 15" northern. Ice was about 18 inches on the river and water was only about 2.5 feet deep haha