• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Long day on Saturday!!!

CatManLee

Fished out of Rogers on Saturday. Already had my sleeper set up out on the ice, so I figured That was nice because it was so cold. Started fishing around 7am, Saw a few fish come through shortly after, but nothing bit. Anyways I went all morning without a bite!! Fished till 2pm still with nothing, then decided to brave the cold and move the house.

Drilled a few holes looking for any action, still with nothing. Ended up moving out a quite aways. Started fishing again at around 2:30pm. At 6pm I caught two Walleye back to back, one measuring 24" and the other around 22". A couple of beautiful Walleye, but unfortunately that was it!! Stayed till 8pm, then decided to call it a day and head home.

I don't know if it was the cold weather that moved in on Saturday, but it was by far the slowest day I have ever had on the ice on Upper Red. I only saw a few fish come through all day and look at my bait.

It was a really long slow day of fishing, but I guess it still beat a good day at work! grin.gifgrin.gif

Did anyone else have an incredibly slow day on Saturday or was it just me?? tongue.gif

Talk to ya'll later.

i had a slow saturday too, from friday when we cought 37 walleyes and some slabs to saturday only getting 3 walleyes, however sunday was ok and tongiht was better

Arrived at Hillmans at 9pm Friday night and went right to the ice. Caught fish every so often all through the night. Saturday we actually had really good eye fishing from about 2-7 pm then it slowed to the occational fish every hour or so. Only caught a couple slabs but didn't spend to much time in the portables due to the wind chill. Still had bites during the night on Sat even with the cold front. I didn't think we would catch any fish. Nice surprise i guress. All in all, great time and pretty darn good fishing.

The grandsons and I went thru Roger's at noon, got set up and fishing by 1:00 and had 6 'eyes in the cooler by 9pm.

Turned loose maybe 10 either side of the slot.

Sunday was slower for us.

mike were you kinda by where the road bends and then out kitty corner to the west, i have a teal colored house that is in that area

That must have been somebody else. Mine is white but nobody stopped by.

The boys think that we should paint big orange meatballs on the sides so we can find it at night without the GPS shocked.gif

are you going to go there this weekend i bet the fishing will be fun but the catching might be slow, but then again the coldest days have been my best so who know, if your up there come over and play so cribbage, or eat some wild game

LOL dont you hate when they say no fishing, i have a agreement with my gf that if she says no i will leave so she doesnt say to much LOL

We gave it a try on Thursday morning. Very Very slow day of fishing, we linked up two yukons and had 8 lines between 4 guys in the water. I pulled up a nice 14.5" crappie, the only one, and my buddy got a decent 29" northern. We did well on eyes, pretty much limited out. But that was a tough day of fishing. That was my first time out and dont want to go back. Very tough lake to fish due to its lack there of of structure. Any suggestions

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Keep moving until you find them. When you're pounding eyes the crappie fishing is generally slow. I take as a sign to move on to another spot.

Although I know the weather made being mobile pretty tough.

Red is a very easy lake to fish, there is more structure out the tan one thinks, just ask one of the resorts to show you depth map and you will see. Usually that is why you see a cluster of fish houses in certain areas, it stands to reason that if there were no structure then it would not mater where one would fish.

First time on the lake in 5-6 years last weekend. Saturday morning we started catching fish right away when we got on the lake. It was slow but steady until 10 pm, then it shut down. Using my camera I could see the fish move in, really negative mood, fins down and hardly reacting to the bait at all. I caught 75% of the fish because I could see them just barely take the bait. The other 2 guys with vexilars only caught 3. We only caught 3 fish saturday night and sunday morning. Thankfully only 2 fish weren't slot fish. No slabs either. With the wind and cold I was just too lazy to use the portable. But thats my own fault. As for no structure, just look at the new lakemaster map. Yikes!!! I know when I go back i'm only bringing my portable so i'll be forced to stay mobile.

Hey traviskoster how tough was it getting around in that minivan, I'm heading up on the 10th to stay in one of Don & Johns sleepers and the woman wants to take the darn minivan but if it's tough getting around i'm gonna take the Jeep. Any info would help.

I have been on the lake twice with my car in the last 3 weekends and had no problem going were I wanted. Fri with the wind there were drifts but you could drive thru or around them with ease.....

as of tonight not a problem, but the guys your fishing with i know them and youll drive right to the door of your house and yoiu wont have a problem, your picking a good weekend to come, that night were having poker night in my shack swing on by

That's sounds good I'm not sure what # house i got yet but I'll be driving a light gold ford windstar, stop by and see how we are doing and me and the woman are suckers for poker.

hey ill do that or if i dont just ask jerry at the resort where my houses are i am moving another up thier this weekend