• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tashit

Propane filled by the pound???

tashit

Is there any where in the West or SW metro (I live in Mound, work in Burnsville) that charges propane fills by the pound? I hate having to pay for a full tank when I'm only getting 3/4, plus the place I go to charges $12 for my 11 lb and $15 for a 20 lb. It's not like it's a ton of money but I just want to be able to pay by the pound. Thanks.

Dragon Fish ll

Northern Tool in Burnsville right next to 35 w exit north of hwy 13. a year ago. an were cheaper than most grin.gif

ctuma

The U-Haul off Lyndale and I think its 84th St in Bloomington. I can fill a 20 gallon tank for around 14 dollars. They charge by the pound and not by the tank.

ConnorMN

Uhaul/Gas Station at Excelsior Blvd and Baker Rd in Minnetonka has a scale in their propane fill station...

huntingislife

Quote:

Uhaul/Gas Station at Excelsior Blvd and Baker Rd in Minnetonka has a scale in their propane fill station...

They dont charge by the pound though, just flat rates.

tashit

I know exactly where those places are. Now I just need to remember to throw my tank in my car before I go to work. Thanks guys!

reelguy

Colony Plaza in Waconia and Waconia Farm Supply I believe will both charge by the pound if you ask. Farm supply is $11.50 for a 20# (if i remember right), Colony $13.

Will_fish_for_food

Ohh good question, but anyone know where in the NW burbs. Would have been nice to know earlier in the season when I had to drag a sled by hand and was concerned about weight.

Cubguy32

Uhaul on Hwy 13 and 77 in Eagan fills by the pound too.

GotOne

Uhaul on hwy 13-between 35w & cr5 in Burnsville. He mentioned several places in the area and said they were cheaper.

Scott M

Great thread, great idea. Kind of like twincitiesgasprices....

Any suggestions for NE metro? Heck, if you have a place anywhere in the metro pass it along for people who are all over the compass.

Desperado

NE Metro

Mike's RV (maplewood) Frost and English

Ace Hardware (North St Paul) 36 and McKnight

Blue Ribbon Bait (Oakdale) Century and Maryland

tashit

Just thought I would note that Northern Tool no longer sells propane. I got it at the Uhaul at cty 5 and hwy 13 in B-ville. My 11 pounder was almost empty and it was only like $8.50 or something. I would imagine that all uhauls charge by the pound/gallon instead of per tank???

Mrkeb

Leroys on 90th and Lyndale in Bloomington sells it by the pound

McGurk

Leroys??? I have had refills done there and there has never been anyone working there who has suggested that. It's always been a fillup for 16.95, less a 2 dollar coupon if you have one. Next time I'm there I guess I'll ask.

Mrkeb

McGurk,

Now that you mention it maybe you're right. I was once told they do by the pound, but when I went there I had an empty tank and just filled the whole thing, without asking. Let us know if you ask next time. Again, my bad.

Orlip

What has everyone been paying so far this year? I filled 1 20lb at Valley Oil in Savage for $16 frown.gif and another at the CO-OP in Lakeville on 50 & Dodd for $18.09 after tax. mad.gif

huntingislife

I have been filling at Sipes in Golden Valley. They charge $16 and every fourth one is free. So it comes to $12 a piece which is decent.

G_man

Leroy's in Bloomington is one of the most expensive stores I've filled up at. Its convenient as its close to home but annoying to pay too much.

G_man

What is the cheapest price anyone knows a store will fill a 5-lb'r?

iceking

little bighorn coon rapids,hanson-HWY10 also fills by pound