• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
The Yeti

Lake Zumbro and a big Thank you!!!

The Yeti

Me and The Grebe fished with Dan Thiem on Lake Zumbro yesterday. Big thanks to Dan and his hospitality. This was the first time I met him. Very nice guy, fun to fish with and makes some darn good food grin.gif

Here's to more trips in the future. cool.gif

p.s. Dan had the biggest sunfish of the day as well. It's on now!!

Dan Thiem

You guys are more than welcome to come back again anytime.

Fishing was pretty good too. The majority of the gills were in the 7 to 8 inch range but a few 9's and one 10 1/4". My best so far.

biggillav8.jpg

There really wasn't a hot color or jig but Yeti was using straight jig and plastic, no waxie and caught the most fish.

The ice is now around 9" and we found the fish to be in 24-25 f.o.w. They would come and go but I'd say we never went more than 20 minutes without at least picking up some lines on the flasher.

Another weird thing. The bite seemed better if you left the pole sit. No jigging. confused.gif

Now let's get that Mille Lacs trip goin! I'll bring the beef log and leave the venison at home. grin.gif

The Yeti

I think I have the beef log covered. You can get that 5 foot long, 1 foot round beef log from Fleet for pretty cheap! shocked.gif.. (sarcasm)

Seriously, we had a good time. We brought home some nice sunnies. And the venison chops that Dan made were excellent! Lots of fish on the graph all day, but, like Dan said, came through about every 20 minutes and hard to catch. I think the cold front may have wreaked havok. I can only imagine what the bite would be like on a good day.. Yikes!!

I'm very familiar with that area of Mn, but would like to fish more down there. Lots of good areas to explore. cool.gif