• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
cotfish

grand lake

cotfish

ive never fished this lakes or any lakes in the area for that matter.any word on this lake?

Royce Aardahl

i fished with my dad by the access a couple times and we got some walleyes and northerns there.

Captain B.R.K

In the summer, there is a distict weedline that runs around the lake, I'd say 20-30 feet from the shoreline. If you are looking for panfish, I would target where those edges would be in the summer. The edges are in 7-10ft of water.

Borch

The word is there are decent crappies, sunfish, walleyes and pike there if you know where to look. The weedline is a great palce to start.

IceHawk

One of my favorite spots is the East side sandbar. Good area to search for walleyes also check out the inside corner of the bar on the NE side. Crappies check out the deeper hole on the EAst side.

SchloeRide

I love fishing this lake but you'll have to sort a little to get a stringer-full.

The Donk

Schloeride, you from the area? Apollo 96?

SchloeRide

Apollo '94--you probably know my brother.

GOGETTER

Any one aware of news of the fishing contest on Grand on Saturaday the 3rd. Saw all the cars but did not hear of fish caught and prizes. Thanks

mrklean

How is grand doin? Havent been out there for a few weeks, Northerns last time i was there. Panfish bitin yet? Thanks Guys

mrklean

Went to grand tonight, last time i go there this year, 1 sunny. Marked nothing but sunnies moved around and there was nothing, not very happy with results there this year.

rattlem'up

i was one that helped put on the sctc fishing contest. Lots of great prizes and there were lots of northerns, bass and sunnies and perch caught and registered. I also was fishing and i pulled in a 2 pound northern which brought me to 15th place and i won a strikemaster polar vision. i believe a 4 lb bass won the contest dont quote me cuz it could have been a northern also but there were some pretty big bass caught. too bad i couldn't of caught that 6.5 lb bass i released 2 weeks prior!

SchloeRide

There are some HUGE bass in that lake. I usually don't target them, but I end up catching them in the spring while fishing crappies. They are one heck of a good time to catch on light tackle.

Borch

There are some quality crappies and gills in there. The problem is finding them. One of my many favorite for crappies, and eyes about this time of year. One hint, there weren't any house in the spot the last time I was there and there rarely are any houses there.

thefishhunter07

if your going off the acces look to your right and there will be a weed bed, walk just pass the weed bed and then go right, keep going untill you see a little blue speer house. me and my buddies fish there all the time and slotter the sunnys. i havent really tried anywhere else on the lake but his grandpa lives one the lake and they fish the weed beds all the time in the summer and hit pike and bass..... goodluck grin.gif

mrklean

Thanks for a little advice maybe ill give it one more try. Im the kinda person i just like to catch some fish, they dont have to be big, i just like to catch some fish, let them go and maybe catch them again. LOL

Jamie5ltr

I think I know the area your talking about. I was fishing close to it a few weeks ago. Except it was a huge group near by there. It got pretty pathetic alot of people setting up tip ups and not watching them. Setting up houses on top of some the perm. houses out there. We may of had a large group and had a little fun on 4 wheelers but the rest of stuff I saw going on from people outside of our group there I thought was poor sportsmanship. The one guy actually left his tip ups set up and left his house.