• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bigyooper

what pound test for URL?

bigyooper

we are going to URL this weekend, what pound test should we spool our jigging rods with?

traviskoster

i have been using four but that is just me

icemac33

Never had a problem with good ol' four pound Vanish on Red. I wouldn't want to taunt those crappie-rig wrecking hogs with anything bigger. Six pound would just make your stuff stand out more as a target for the northerns. grin.gif

OLY

I have always used six lb fireline on red just because it has a better chance of getting the northerns. It doesnt seem to bother the crappies or walleyes because the water is stained. So I like to limit the number of bite offs and the fireline seems to work pretty good for that.

Pikester

I like six just incase a toothy latches on.

The Donk

Six on my jigging rod, four on my set line. Usually the northerns are attracted to the fast movement, but sometimes they want to eat your pocketbook grin.gif

Borch

I'm using either 6 or 4 lb. It really doesn't matter much on URL. The some of the 4 lb I'm using is the moss green XL. They bite it just fine. laugh.gif