• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Aces In The Hole

What a Bad Weekend!

Aces In The Hole

Ok, after months of talking about going up to URL, the weekend came and I couldn't be more excited to go! To start off my weekend on Thursday night as I was going to my bowling league, some guy ran a red light and hit my brand new 2006 Toyota (only 6 months old), and pretty much totaled it.(Waiting for the rest of the damage estimate). I debated for a few hours if I was even going to make it up to URL after this had happened, but I thought I needed to get away for the weekend and get my mind off my truck! So I decided to still make the trip. Friday the fishing was slow, only managed a few walleyes, when I say few I mean 3. We went out with portables for a couple of hours but nothing. Then on Saturday, the fishing was ok, we managed to catch about 15 walleyes, which between 7 people really sucked! One friend did catch a 33" pike though. Which was the high point of the trip. To make things worse, I THOUGHT I lost my $500 digital camera, but later found it in my bag at home. But sitting on the ice thinking about my camera and my truck most of the weekend, made my weekend SUCK!! Plus the final bad thing that happened this last weekend is, the people we rented the sleeper from, they decided to have the generators on all day and all night for the whole time we were there. We thought about trying the portables Saturday, but the hurricane that came in with strong winds all day prevented us from going out in them. It was just an all around bad weekend for me! We are hoping on planning another trip back up there in a month or so, and hopefully things will be better next time!! Just had to get my experience off my chest!!

The Donk

Thats too bad about the toy. And the fishing. Those days/weekends happen, man. Just think, it can't get worse than that, next trip will be like heaven compared to it. smirk.gif

Borch

Well I just read your post and kept thinking that as bad as it was it turned out pretty good in the end. One you weren't injured severely in the accident. You found your camara when you got home. Plus a bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work or working on the "Honey Do" list at home.

fisherking01

Post deleted by fisherking01

vitalshot5

FisherKing01.....The poor guy needed to let off a little steam.

[Please read forum policy before posting again]

arctic_scrap1

Deleted.

Pikester

Deleted

Aces In The Hole

Quote:

Sounds sad, I recommend you stop in at a children's hospital and visit sometime. This will make nearly anything that happens to you seem very very petty. Brent

Wow, was that uncalled for!! I was just trying to get what I was feeling off my chest. Simmer down there fella.

icemac33

Geez guys. Take it easy. I think he just got a little extreme when trying to say keep things in perspective. I'll take that weekend over staying home anytime. Minus the truck, of course. Bummer. frown.gif Better luck next time. I've got one last walleye and a crappie left from the last trip going down the hatch at lunch.

fisherking01

I appologize for any offense you have taken, and realize that it was worded poorly. I think we are so fortunate to be able to have the ability to own stuff, travel freely and enjoy the outdoors, that when some incidents happen we really lose perspective about the big picture. I'm glad you were not injured and got to make the trip, Next time you might catch a lot, that's the alure that keeps us coming back. Once again sorry for the negative post, May you have nothing but good luck in the future, Brent

hanson

Sounds like the Triangle is up to its usual tricks.

I challenge anyone to describe a trip to URL that went "perfectly", they never do.

From breaking something, losing something, running out of something, etc, nothing ever seams to go smoothly when you are road tripping across the state to ice fish. I think its just the nature of the beast.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes Ace in the Hole, next trip will be better!

scsavre

Its a bad weekend, filled with bad luck. It feels good to get it off your chest and maybe get some advice for your next trip.

I dont know why anyone would give you a hard time.

But whatever.

Anyway I went to LOW first Ice in Jan and caught 1 fish.

the resort I stayed at brought me out 2 hrs late and made me come in 2 hrs early. the shack they put me in was 200 yards from anyone catching fish, and the people in it the day before got skunked. People around were catching 20-50.

In the end it was great to get out of the cities for a few days, and now me and everyone I know, Knows not to go to a certain resort on a point between Warroad and Baudette.

Mjen

Speaking of the triangle, here's one for you. Last trip up, my buddy lands a nice crappie and his other pole hits. So he drops the landed crappie in the middle of the floor and starts to land the second one. My poles are twitching so I am occupied. I hear the crappie flopping and realize with each flop it is heading for the hole. He starts trying to kick it back but with each kick it flops closer to the hole. As he is landing the second crappie I abandon my poles and dive for the escaping fish. Too late, down the hole it goes. I grab his pole to reland it, too late. With each flop, that fish moved in a straight line towards that hole and it moved 5 feet. That's the power of the triangle, or our inept belief that it would never make it to the hole. At least he got the second one.

DitchPickle13

Ace, I never heard about your truck...bummer! As for the rest, it's all good now because I'll be there for the next trip and we are going to have a blast! The only thing you'll have to vent about after that trip is how you lost all your poker $ to me. grin.gif

Craig_S

Do you know what they call a ditch pickle with a Polaris cover on it?

Theft protection!

Craig

Aces In The Hole

Hey Ditch, yea it sucks about my truck, but it's life. What can you do. I just got the word that my truck got totaled out, so that's a good thing. I get to pick up my new truck tomorrow, so I am happy about that! It just blows that the truck only had 3500 miles on it before it got wrecked. But it's only a truck and it can be replaced. I didn't get hurt, so thats the best part about it. We will have ALOT of fun when we hit up URL again in a few weeks! I can't wait!! Time to have fun and redeem myself!!

FisherKing01, no need to apologize. You have the right to say what ever you feel. That's what these forums are for, but I appreciate your apology though!! But I will be back up to Red the last weekend in February. hopefully everything will work out perfect!! Happy fishing all!!

DitchPickle13

Nice, Craig. : )

Good to hear Ace...it's a good thing I didn't have more time when I was at Cabela's on Sunday could've put a dent in my Checking account! wink.gif I did get a nice waterfowl jacket on clearance.

LABS4ME

I'll take whatever Red gives me and smile... love it up there... though I haven't been up near enough this year!

Tally for the season... (this is becoming almost 'typical')

Let my son use the Labshack between Christams and New Years... managed to burn off the better part of a 100#'r... of course without refilling it or letting us know... so we get up and no propane, They forgot to close roof vent... more snow drifts in the house than the lake...

Missed most of my 1st planned weekend (Jan 13th) due to sewer lines froze at cabin... thawed them out and fished for 4 hours Sunday AFTER my 3 buddies limited on crappies and left... managed 8 for the 3 of us.

Pulled my wheel house out finally on Jan 20th... Friday night it was 'less' one wheel assembly mad.gif... JonnyP to the rescue the next morning and he boogered it back on... (final fix will be after the season is over) didn't get to fish Friday night... good walleye run and 5 scattered crappie on Saturday night.

Last weekend didn't get to bring the family up as planned on Friday... [email protected]* sewer lines... froze again at cabin, waited all day friday for jetter to show up. Went up to open up the house for a friend and his family to use on Saturday... proceeded to drive over my auger with my truck urggghhh mad.gif (luckily it happened after I opened up the holes) I swear that thing grew legs and walked out the back of the truck as I was backing up... and broke a light in the fish house... my son fished while I got things ready / repaired... grin.gif He managed a keeper walleye... and I managed to cook it for dinner for him without burning it! wink.gif

Not gonna tempt fate this weekend with these temps... my luck has been dipping lower than the thermometer...

Gonna try for 3 days next weekend. And most of the remaining weekends too!

O.K. triangle... "That all you got!!!???" I thought you could do better than that!

Good Luck!

Ken

Eric Wettschreck

Sooooooooo, from what I'm reading, when with labs wear a lead suit, hide the auger, when he says the sewer line is frozen is the best time to be fishing, bring a bag of chips with ya, and lotsa Pabst cuz labs will be needing it??? Pretty much got it covered????

Can't wait for slabfest!!!!!!!!!

LABS4ME

You still think you're up for it Boilerguy! grin.gif if it's made out of kevlar, steel or lead, I'd bring it!

Good Luck!

Ken

setterguy

Ken - taunting the triangle is never a good idea.

LABS4ME

grin.gif

Good Luck!

Ken

kelly-p

Get used to it Labs. I moved the "Labshack" yesterday. Betya that you cann't find it. grin.gif

LABS4ME

Moved it? and no trail of dis-jointed house parts? I'm slowly gaining ground!!! crazy.gif hehehehe

Good Luck!

Ken

kelly-p

I got all the big pieces there. grin.gif