• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
illuminati

where are the crappies and walley

illuminati

hello,im going fishing with my dad tommorow and we were thinking of going to fish lake,island lake dam and buolder lake. we are wondering were the walley and crappie are biting and is the dam area where the pool meets the cloquet river safe to fish? confused.gif

Pikester

Red Lake! grin.gif

illuminati

I notice that not too many people want to give up information on hot spots on this forum. Do you know of a website that identifies where the fish are biting or is it an uwritten rule not to disclose such information?

Powerstroke

There are whole posts devoted to each of the lakes you mentioned so check those. As far as getting tips of where to be fishing....who knows. Anybody who's catching fish isn't gonna broadcast it over the internet. Talk to the guys at the bait shop if you want more local reports, but even then I've found those to be unreliable. The only way to find fish is to do your homework then hit the ice and start drilling. Check out the DNR"s website for lake maps and surveys to tell you the average size of the fish and if the populations are good. Grab the map and start picking a few spots that look good. Its all trial and error.

You can't just drop into the internet and say where are the fish and what are they biting, cause even if I told you everything, they may not be there or biting the same thing when you get there. Then some guy wants to know why I lied. Its happened.

tearin' lips

As powerstroke said we can give you exact spots, but in my experience very few times can you go back to the same spot and expect fish to be there. Everytime I have been out in the area this winter I have had to chase and chase and chase the fish around. Especially the crappies.

The best method is to go and start drilling in areas that you percieve to be productive and procede to work the holes. There is info in the other forums posted here as to some spots to try. I will check back tonight after my Genetics SI lab and if you have any further questions I will be happy to try my best and directy you towards a general area.

Take Care and Good Luck Fishing!!

Deep_Sinker

Quote:

I notice that not too many people want to give up information on hot spots on this forum. Do you know of a website that identifies where the fish are biting or is it an uwritten rule not to disclose such information?

One has to question the fact that you have been registered since October with your only two posts on this thread. Where are all of your hotspots?? Ask yourself, do you give everyone you know and don't the exact spot where you caught fish? I don't specifically, but do leave good clues/hints for other. I believe that is what this board is about. Besides, it is called fishing for a reason. All of the lakes you mentioned are turning out fish now. You'll know where to start just by looking at the lake when you are there and also if you go to fish lake; stop in at hi-banks, ask a few questions and look at their map from a survey of all last winter. That will give you some spots to try. Also, remember to report back with your GPS coordinates after this weekend... grin.gif

Good Luck!

jslytlemn

Illuminati -- Perhaps it is easiset to ask questions regarding "hot spots" in more of a general nature.

The example of an answer to a question of "Where are the hot spots lately?" could be "The crappies were biting pretty well on Bass Lake this past weekend. We were hitting them more on the south end of the lake." Most folks would be willing to render that type of information than to give actual GPS coordinates or saying, "We were slaying them about 25 yards straight north of the DNR landing on Little Long."

Does that help any? I hope so. Good luck fishing with your Dad this weekend and stay safe. smile.gif --jslytlemn

Surface Tension

You've been registered since Oct, In that time you could have contributed with your own report or just to say hello.

Thats fine, but to ask where the bite is and then 1.5 hours later come back and complain that you hadn't gotten a reply is not acceptable. Despite that, I'd still like to welcome you to FM. I hope that in the future you'll come here with an attitude of sharing and fellowship.

There are current active threads on the waters that you asked about already that go into fairly good detail and would be very useful to you. Still your thread, in a reasonable amount of time would have been answered.

I'll say that no, the ice around the damm and river is not safe and I wouldn't get anywhere near it.