• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Metro Lakes

Has anyone had any luck in the north metro, Green, Chisago, South Center, White Bear, Bald Eagle? Just got back from Bald Eagle....We got skunked!!

I was out on Green on Sunday. Glyer"s bay to be exact. Lots of people and a few cars and trucks driving on.There was 9 inches of ice where I ended up but it varied quite a bit. I saw a few flags from peoples tip-ups but I can't say as I saw many fish being caught. I talked to a few different people and didn't hear of much success.

fished green on saturday,11 inches along the camp area,i would like to thank the atv and snomobilers for ruining my outing,spinning
circles,constantly driving back and forth,
area didnt quite down b4 9,moved several times without success,crappies small,no walleyes caught,you wait all week to get the chance to get out and have to put up with
people with no lake ediquite.......

Prophet....Sorry to hear about the ATV & snowmobiles, I have ATV's and my kids ride to. I tell them to stay away from people that are fishing. I know the feeling maybe this weekend you'll do better!

I didn't catch a thing out on White Bear. I don't think it's a good sign when everyone you talk to says its their first time fishing this spot. Nobody was having any luck. I packed up and went over to Bald Eagle. (Boy, what a zoo!) I had two flags but no fish. I couldn't even buy a nibble on my panfish rig. It sure seems like a long day on the ice when you can't locate the fish.
I have been catching panfish in the channel between Chisago and Lindstrom, but they were all pretty small.

I was out to little green in front of the narrows Saturday. Nothing, not even a bite. Didn't see anyone catch anything. Prophet, were you ever right about the atv's! They were a few minutes away from a snare frown.gif I have been out to a few different lakes in the north metro, only a few fish.... The fishing is pretty poor right now, and I don't know why. Good Luck!!

Rusty

I was out on the Chisago/Lindstrom Channel with a buddy this weekend. My buddy caught an 18" northern on a tip up. I managed to catch a 3lb largemouth bass in the channel. Saw a lot of people coming out in the evening. Ice was 8-10".
Good luck!!

is it me or is all the fishing off this year?
when usually graphing walls of fish,so far only tracking singles...been both deep and shallow so far without much success,going to try somthing different tommorrow night,go out
late and avoid crowds and fish into the a.m.
have to try somthing different.....

I fished South Center sunday, saw one walleye..fished near the 10ft bar in about 16ft....aslo tried around the corner from the south landing in about 17ft and saw nothin but perch.....pretty slow...i hear ya about the snowmobilers...ride 10-20ft away for no reason....i am a snowmobiler and have respect for the people fishin and i stay clear away...let me know how anybody else did around the surrounding lakes...

Bad fishing/bad behavior was not limited to the North Metro this weekend.

I was down at O'Dowd south of Shakopee on Sunday and it was horrible. I can usually always count on some small crappie and medium bluegills, but I found NOTHING. Not only did I get no bites I couldn't even mark fish with my fishfinder, and I went everywhere. Lots of people there, didn't see anyone doing any good.

Oh, and a few obnoxious snowmobilers were there too.(Speaking of rude ice behavior, how about folks that trek past huge expanses of good fishing location just so they can plop down right next to you? I had a guy on Saturday at Bush lake set up his portable about 10 yards from my tipup. It's not like there was some great structre he was getting on either. Maybe I'm an oddball but unless someone invites me to fish right next to them I tend to steer clear and give them some space.)

What is up with the fishing this year? The only fish I have caught are pike and perch and even they are slow.