• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Woman Lake Time

Has anyone been out on this lake ? I would like to know the ice conditions and how there luck was. I will probably be out there this weekend. I want to drive my Jeep out there with the limited amount of snow, but early in the season there was a really bad pressure ridge out from the Access. Can anyone tell me if that is still there and have they tried to cross it ? There are places fairly close to the Access that can be good, but I like to be very mobile on whatever lake I fish so that I can put myself on nice action.

Yes that pressure ridge is still there. I was out last weekend. Email me hirte38 at netzero.com and we can compare notes etc. I will be up there this weekend as well. Joe

Looked to be a consistent 12 inches of good ice everywhere I was at last weekend, maybe more, I fished all over the main lake. But I didn't exactly take a tape measure to the ice since I was running around on a 4-wheeler and there was plenty of ice for that. There was very little snow on the ice as of last weekend. So with this cold snap there should be even more ice now.

I think all the walleye's swim south down the Boy River in the winter time. I can find them in the summer, but winter is really tough...

Sharp drops into the deepest holes until after dark, then move up the transtion in depth....! I am telling you, I can see my bright jig down the hole in 28 feet of water on a clear day inside my portable... Any noise or lots of movement and you can forget about it until after dark...

The deep holes will get you Jumbo Perch if you are on the ones with the right bottom composition. Takes work to find spots out there with all the structure, but when you do it is VERY Rewarding.