• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnetonka?

Anyone been out?.......bays??......thickness??...........bite?>..........saw some people in seton.....dunno how thick though?...any comments and info woul dbe greatly apreciated......

------------------
"wasting away again in margaritaville....."

got our house on excelsior bay today!! it s about 7-8 inches. there is a large ridge on the east side due to the fact that the city left a weed cutting machine in too long and it froze in, they had to run a barge across the bay to st albans, not sure how that section will freeze over. the ice in the path of the barge is only 2-3 inches!

I fished on Gray's Bay today and it was pretty bad. Lots of dinky perch. I drilled a series of holes from the 28 foot deep spot in the center eastward until it was 12 feet. No sunnies, no crappies, no wallies. Ice was a good 9 inches. One guy caught a couple little pike off the weedline. A few others got skunked.

Me, I'm heading out to Bush lake first thing in the AM with big sucker minnows.

-Mike

how'd you do on bush lake today? we had 18 flags hit on minnetonka today. lots of 4 wheelers running around, some pulling decent sized houses.

Tonka:

Spent the day on Bush, from 8 AM to 5 pm. Had 9 hits, caught 6. Best was a fat 25", all others were 18 to 20". Fun!! Best part was seeing one on my fishfinder come up and hit the sucker minnow.

Ice is a good 6 to 7". A few guys out at night setting up for crappie.

Will be out there again tomorrow with my kid so he can get his first northern.

-Mike

I fished Gray's bay this evening from 4 to 8 in 17ft. South of the deep hole in the middle. One bite, marked about a dozen but they didn't like what I was selling. Good ice... bad fishing.

Tonka, where were you fishing on the lake today?

GL

were you fishing the nw bay at bush lake? i was on excelsior, going back tomorrow am to try some morning fishing. i love the name, garagelogic

[This message has been edited by tonka (edited 01-01-2002).]

I looked at Excelcior last night. Only 2 houses out. Send an update on how you did.

GL

i am the gray house on excelsior. its owned by about 6 guys so i might not be the one out there at any given time. we had 11 flags yesterday from 10am- 430 pm. most were small northerns but had one #6 northern. good luck!

How about Wayzata Bay? I'm trying to get out tonight I have to decide where I want to go!

Fished Gray's on Sunday and last night. I had no luck. 3 hours on Sunday and 2 hours last night. Spoke to many fisherman on Sunday and nobody was doing anything on Grays or Wayzata.

its been real dead on excelsior this past week. today it was just a lake on top of the ice that made it a little hard to walk around out there

I fished Wayzata and then Gray's till 2:30AM last night. One small Crappie... I'm staying off the lake until things get better.

GL

Just talked to a fellow co-worker he was out on Spring Park Bay to check on his shack & ice conditions. He said no luck on any fish but there is 8"-11" of ice on the bay so it varies in thickness all over.

SportFishin'

Went out on Tues. looking for crappies, with all the water on the lake I could check the depth as I walked.I tried all the spots where I have caught fish in the past and I never marked any fish suspended.I checked depths from 8-32'. Went out again on wed. to a different bay. My two favorite spots are at 22' and 30'. Nothing at 22'but I did catch 3 crappies at 30'. They were holding very tight to the bottom and were very tough to entice.I think I will wait untill I hear they are biting before I go out again. Good luck finding them.(maybe I should have tried deeper?)