• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Coon Lake channel is froze over

If you're talking the Coon Lake in Anoka county, those guys are nuts! I live in Andover, not to far from Coon Lake. My backyard pond isn't even safe to walk on yet.

You know it seems that every year I drive by lakes and see people out fishing with ladders,boards and planks. they use these to support there weight. personally I think that defetes the purpose of Ice fishing.
I go to relax

Coon Lake is the strangest lake. The channel will freeze up before the dog dish does. Looks like I may have to punch a few holes myself.
D-man, Have you seen ice skimming on other north metro lakes? I live in minneapolis and I think that it will be quite sometime before there is walkable ice anywhere down here.

Well.... most lakes around here should have ice, and hopefully the snow doesn't ruin it. I heard from a very good source that some people were fishing on Martin last weekend. Not in a boat smile.gif What do they get out of the Coon Lake channel? It's mostly Pike isn't it? D-man, I'm going to email you in a few minutes.

Good Luck,
Rusty

D-man,

I'll just email you later when I get off work. Maybe after Christmas we can get out to Silver? Once I unwrap all of my new goodies I'll be set smile.gif Talk to you later.

Good Luck,
Rusty