• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fairmont Area

Iowa lake ice 4"-9" the rain did not help but for walk outs

and portables , you should be ok.I dont think I would use a

wheeler yet. The south landing is your best bet the ice pulled away from the north landing you might need a plank to get on there.Most guys are fishing the south east bank,

I would stay just outside the main groups,Good Luck watch the Ice BE SAFE..

Leebone, Thanks for the report and Welcome to Fishing Minnesota. cool.gif We look forward to your future posts.

Leebone- someone threw a plank across a couple weeks ago when I was there. I was handing the Clam 5600 up to my dad, who was standing onshore, when the plank slipped off the rock it was on, needless to say I was ankle high in water. Thank God for waterproof boots, my sock didn't even get wet.

Sorry for the slip at the landing,I dont think we will have to worry about getting on for awhile anywhere in martin co

until we get some major cold air and no wind.Keep the updates coming on ice conditions,Ihope everyone uses extra

caution before going out now that rain and snow really set

this Ice back a long way.The bite in the fairmont area really hasnt been that great overall with the exception of IOWA LAKE,have a happy new year to all out there and BE SAFE

ON THAT ICE.

My dad and I went out by Cedar today, theres a permanent in the middle of the lake on its side. Wasn't a single person out there fishing.

I WAS OUT ON IOWA THIS AFTERNOON.........YOU CAN STILL GET OUT ON THE SOUTH END, 4-5 INCHES OF ICE.....BITE HAS REALLY SLOWED DOWN, VERY FEW FISH ON THE CAMERA. IF YOU GO OUT, STAY ON THE SOUTH END NEAR THE LAUNCH, AS THE REST OF THE LAKE IS GETTING IFFY! BE CAREFUL!

Anyone been on the lakes around Martin County this week. Wondering if it is safe anywhere. Thanks

Theres supposed to be a house out on Hall, I am heading to Fairmont in a couple hours to check that out, and I am going to cruise out to Iowa to see what is going on out there

Didn't make it down to Iowa Lake to check it out, but from what I hear, the north side is open, but south side still has ice, about 5 inches or so, but I also hear the perch have slowed down. There is a person that has a house on Hall Lake, with open water to the north and south of it:

icefishII005.jpg

icefishII004.jpg

Heres the house on Cedar on its side:

icefishII002.jpg

zamboni, did you check out any of the other chain lakes? budd, george, sisseton?? open water there too?? thanks!

Yeah they are all open, my aunt lives on Amber, but she lives in Florida during the winter, so I haven't heard how Ambers doing. I am going to go out to Lura today, maybe get a couple lures wet, haven't heard- maybe it's open.

yeah, believe it or not there is some crazy person with a house out on hall lake amoungest all the open water. I really couldn't figure out how he got it out there since it was open water along most of the shore line.

mrpike- look at the first 2 pics, thats him. Thats exactly why I posted that on here, I couldn't believe it either.

anyone checked out the chain now? -4 degrees, -25 wind chill right now----amber, budd, sisseton?? any open water still or are they gonna be walkable this weekend???

There was steam coming off of Hall this morning so there is still some open water out there. Im sure the geese are keeping some of it open. I dont know much more than that though.

Hall has finally completely frozen over, houses everywhere, but no cars or trucks yet on the ice. As far as fish biting, haven't heard.

• 3 weeks later...

Just spent the weekend on Hall. 2 eyes the 1st night between 9:20 & 9:40. That was Fri.. Woke up and had some good perch action up til noon. Nothing at all the rest of the weekend. I think cold shut everything down for me???Drove out fine. A lot of cracking however.

I am thinking of going over to Fairmont to fish this coming weekend. Do you guys have any suggestions. Also it the lake good to drive on. I am thinking of shooting for some crappies on sissiton or maybe drive down to S. silver. Has anyone been driving a truck on S. Silver.

Thanks a ton.