• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Otter

• harvey lee

• james_walleye

• katoguy

Haven't heard of any reports, but drove by today on the north landing and was probably 25 shelters fishing. Ice last sunday was about 4 inches.

I was out last night.They are getting a few on minnows. Seems the night bite is the better time of the day from what I have seen and heard.

I didnt measure the ice but it seemed to be approx 4.5-5 inches. This is out only 50 yards as far as I went.

Went out to Elysian last night and I think everyone else did to. I set up a tip-up and within 10 min. had a fish on, but couldn't land him. Although a lot of other people iceing pike. There doesn't seem to be very many secrets just get a line wet and wait. It was nice to see some people out there from the web site, they even gave me some helpful advise on tip-up fishing. Thank you and happy fishing! smile.gif

I plan on going out this afternoon and just woundering how far out from the accsses and what kind of minnows thanks for your help

We have been going out approx 40-50 yards and using fatheads. You will see all the houses. I would also take along a few tip-ups. You will be fishing like 6 fow and you must be very quiet, thaqts why the tip ups work so well.

Good luck.

I'm a little behind...sorry. My family used to own a cabin on Elysian (back when the fishing was AWESOME)and since then it seems as if the lake dies out every few years or so. I was plesantly surprised to see people are pulling fish from Elysian again! Did the DNR re-stock it?

there was so many people out there it wasent funny took home are limit 12 nice ones it looks like the lake know s when it is going to freeze out like it did years ago the fishing was good then you think so guys

grin.gif

I has been said that they are planning to put in several big airiators in the lake this winter along with the smaller ones that they have been using. The DNR was going to do some strip spraying in the lake to help improve the habit. I don't know if any of this has or will happen. Maybe someone from the Darkhouse Association can shed a little light on the subject. tongue.gif

I just wanted to ask something that everyone on this site probably already knows. Please don't drive you 4-wheeler around or come out and start drilling holes at 6pm in 5FOW.

We were on elysian on Sat. night and we were one of many anglers that were set up early and waiting for the eyes to start pounding just as dark came like they have been. The problem was it seemed like we were the only ones with the idea that we needed to be quite so the fish wouldn't get spooked. I know it made a difference because we went from

12 fish on Wed night when it was quite to 2 fish on Sat. Sorry for venting. Hope everyone had better luck then I did.

with ya on that one,went from great fishing on fri night to near non existant sat an sun nights lots of noise and traffic,and yes power augers at prime time in 6fow doesnt help.be careful at the hwy60 landing an ice ridge opened up right in front of the landing two people fell through sat night. one gal was with us walking in the dark,not too deep but cold. blush.gif

If you want peace and quiet and all that jazz, then you shouldn't fish Elysian. That lake has turned into a zoo and then that kind of stuff happens. People are coming from all over to fish it. Lakerape 06 is happening right now.

I liked it better when everyone thought all the fish were dead out there. smirk.gif

Why a POWER AUGER? There is 5-7 inches of ice. I can drill a hole quicker with a strikemaster lazer hand auger through ice that thin before a half the power augers get through. Hell I've even drilled them by hand for the people who think they need a power auger on first ice....otherwise they spook every eye within 500 acres.

I got away from the crowds and had some fun out there Saturday nite.

I used my hand auger because I bought replacement blades for it last week. Otherwise I would have used my power auger. I certainly wouldn't feel bad about it. Some people can't afford a hand auger after paying for a power auger!

I hear ya about liking it better when everyone thought the lake was dead.

PS they have done studies that show under water a power auger sounds the same as a hand auger. All you hear is the blade cutting.

ya WELL when the post is as HEAVY as it is on HOW GREAT it's doing well HELLO every one come's looking just like last summer when the Bite was hot!, look at how many DOUBLE DIPPER'S there were! come on! word of mouth is the Best Advertisment there is !!! won't be long & the lake will be trashed.

Let's not let this post go "the other way" like it did in May '06. I can feel a bad vibe starting and I would rather not see that happen here. Let's all focus on what harvey lee just said.

Thanks.

jamison---thank you! amen enough said !!! let's hope that the sportsmen at least put the lower size fish back! let's let this lake LIVE for awhile!!!! Happy Fishin & Happy holiday season!!

It is sad to see what lots and lots and lots of people can do to a lake. It is hard to even want to go fishing there for me which I haven't yet. Just too much baloney going on.

But like I have said earlier, as long as they can keep the lake from dying out, and keep it stocked, the walleyes will continue to thrive in there because of the type of lake it is. It is a walleye growing machine. It doesn't produce much for its own fish, but once stocked, they really thrive.

It only takes 2-3 years at the most for those fish to reach eating size.

bully king is that u aaron?ur posts look like what we were talking about on the ice.sat,sun was slooow,thinking by middle of week should pick up.dont know that i want to venture out alone though grin.gif

Sorry for stirring the pot. Has anyone been on Elysian since last weekend (the 9th & 10th)? Just wondering what kind of ice is left out there.