• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trapping question

harvey lee

I heard about a new way to catch coyotes and think it is probably not legal.I would also say not humane to the animal so here goes.

A gentleman was telling me that you take a muskie lure,load the hooks with bait and hang it from a low tree branch with cable to the lure.To me,this sounds very inhumane to the animal.Is this legal?

I hope not.

Probably not legal, IMO. Trap sites are illegal if the bait can be seen by soaring birds. That is why the dirt hole set is so popular (and effective)

Even if it is legal, this is probably one of the worst trapping ideas I have ever heard, and nothing good would come of it. It sound incredibly inhumane.

Imagine this - someone actually tries this set, and someones dog clamps down onto the lure. Imagine this splashed across the 6 oclock news....not good.

I had a chicken liver on a hook at one time while catfishing. My son caught a catfish so I reeled in my line and laid it on shore and walked down to the bank to help him. I came back and my dog ate the liver on the hook but ate around the hook so was unharmed. Maybe coyotes would do the same?