• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

underwater camera

Bobb-o

was looking throuhg those black friday ads and noticed that menards has an underwater camera for $79.99 and a 35mm trail camera for $20

Hey Bobbo,

I changed the title of the thread slightly to include the trail camera.

If anyone is wanting to get into trail cameras, go get this one. For $20 after rebate, its a steal. They are dependable and simple to use. From this model you can learn a lot and grow into the digitals down the road.

Highly recommended buy on this!

They're film cameras though, BLB....I'd spend the extra $40 and get the Wildview digital they have there. I "think" I saw $59 on the Wildview digital cams. You'd burn through $30 in 35mm film rather quickly.

Not to mention with a digital you can get absolutely picture snapping insane and only print or develop what looks good. Saves a ton a $$$.

I had a Wild view and there is a reason they are $59.00, nothing but problems with the two I had. I'm saving up to buy a real digital.

My $.02

Mike

I tried the Wildview at home, before I knew it was viewable only on the computer. It seemed to take decent pics but that was only at home before I returned it.

I realize its a 35mm. Its a Stealthcam.

Its got a good flash, pretty easy on batteries and is solid.

Personally, I am recommending this to people that have not used any cameras at all. With the cheap digitals there are several problems.

-VERY slow trigger time. Meaning a lot of pictures of nothing because the deer has walked by before it warms up. If you have a bait pile or something to stop the deer, then these can work ok.

-Battery hogs. You can burn up batteries and spend money at the same pace as you would be spending on developing.

-poor flash range

-people get hung up on "Its only $60 for a digital", well don't forget you have to buy 2 memory cards as well. One that stays in the unit and one that you carry out to swap out the card. Sure some have internal memory, but then you need to bring the camera back to your computer to download the pics. I dont know anyone that does that.

This stealth has a good flash, very quick trigger speed, and is easy on batteries.

Developing film can be spendy, but this is a great starter camera that is friendly to use and works very well.

One way to save on developing is bring it to Walmart and tell them only to print pictures with deer. They are very flexible.

Cheaper digitals, honestly, only frustrate people more than they are worth. My opinion, cheap digitals are not good starter cameras.

Take it from a guy thats played with a lot of cameras. If you want a true starter camera, this one wont let you down.

Harbor Freight also has underwater cameras for $79.99. The brand is "Bunker Hill Security". I've seen very good review on Wisconsin's leading fishing site then used one with a friend last year and it performed pretty well. I don't have burning need for an underwater camera, but for $80 bucks it will be a nice toy to have.

found out that Gander will be beating Cabelas price of 159.99 on the Aqua Vu scouts by having theirs for $154.99 (so $129.99 after mail in rebate) plus if you are there between 7 and 8 a.m. you receive an additional $20 off of any $100 purchase made the same day, so the scout is only $109.99 after rebate!

I bought the underwater camera. Did a quick test run in my apartment. Seemed to work pretty well. It is really similar to the Aqua vu scout that I used last year. The monitor seems to be exactly the same.

Seems to work well in dark conditions as well. I am excited about getting it into the water.

I picked one up also. Seems like a well built unit. I haven't put it in the water yet, but the dry run went well. Clear picture in the light and worked decent in the dark also.

I think we'll be using them very shortly here. Some of the smaller lakes and bays should be fishable before we know it with these temps.

I purchased one of the cameras and I'm excited to put it to the test. Did anyone see if they have additional batteries? They look different from a regular depth finder size one.

I didn't see any at the store but I found the camera online and it shows some add ons you can get. It looks like you can pick one up at Cabellas.

I can give you the link to the website but I don't think I should post it here. Let me know if you want it I can email it to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone used their aqua cam from Menards yet? How does it work? I was just there and they have them for $99.00. With the 15% off bag that makes them $75.

I used mine for the first time today. I was on a lake in the duluth area. The water is stained so the visability wasn't great but that was hardly the cameras fault. I showed me what I wanted it to though. I used it to look for structure and it did that just fine. On clear lakes it will do it even better. Its worth the $75 I think compared to the $150 of the other cameras.

does anybody know if this camara would work with the aquaview brand tripod? i used mine yesterday and it worked good, just need 2 find a way to keep the camara pointed in one direction and at a certin depth, any other suggustons?

I think any camera would work with the Marcum ice arm. I think they're only $14 and I really like mine. My only suggestion is find a way to attach the clip to the cable so you don't lose it. I dropped mine down the hole my second time using it. Luckily a 2 pack of replacements is only $4 but I would still attach it somehow.