• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

X-mas Wish List

wallmounter

With Thanksgiving only 2 weeks away and the 6" of snow we are getting right now it will only be a matter of time before people are asking for gift ideas. I have no idea what to ask for so let's hear what is on everyones wish list.

Some Shimano symmetre reels, unisulated rain suit, Fish Eagle 480 gps/fishfinder combo, good health and happiness for family and friends.

The deed to the Pabst brewery, a 68 camaro, a new shotgun, a dog that listens to me, new boat, winning lottery ticket, a bunch of new tip-ups, and a new 28 foot long fish house.

Dare to dream.

Continued health and happiness for my friends and family.

I guess good ice then a couple feet of snow wouldn't hurt either. grin.gif

Quote:

The deed to the Pabst brewery, a 68 camaro, a new shotgun, a dog that listens to me, new boat, winning lottery ticket, a bunch of new tip-ups, and a new 28 foot long fish house.

Dare to dream

If we are going to really dream, I want to be tall, good looking and rich grin.gif

Hmmm, Brad Johnson lites up the pack with FOUR td's through the air and 400 yards and WINS. Williamson actually catches two passes in a row with no instant replay. We get that week of Indian summer still this fall and it does not rain or the wind does not go above 10mph I get that winter job in the keys testing fishing lures during the day and beer testing at night. My assistant is a former Miss Octoberfest. On a more serious note I just want to be able to wake up tomorrow and still remember yesterday for a lot of tomorrows.. And the thing about Brad Johnson and the Vikes. grin.gif

Bobby Bass - Johnson throws two TD passes to Santa Clause and the other two to the Easter Bunny.

All I want are lots of lakers, walleyes and panfish laying next to my hole. But, I wouldn't mind a new boat.

H20 C,

Another Leadcore rig,

Less than 5 turnovers on Sunday,

and a spotting scope.

Now I haven't decided if I should wait and see if it is under the tree on xmas day or just buy it all for my 4 year old daughter along with her normal set of goods. tongue.gif

Geee,,,the wife bought Me a new boat in 05 ,,,and lets Me use the shelter and power auger I got her for xmass a few years back,,,so I guess a years supply of beer would be next on My list ,,but I will need my health to do any thing so thats primary wish

Randoid

The way 06 has gone Im wishing for family health. Oh and the back pay I have been waiting for for a year.

Also a 33" walleye would be fantastic. wink.gif

I am just wishing for continued good health and happiness....and perhaps a rock’n mullet...like I had when I was a teenager...back when I had hair.

I'm a simple man, I just want more time to spend with my family.

And it would be nice if I could get over to the B-side bash this Jan. to catch some lakers. grin.gif

I wish for Peace on Earth!!!! No more americans dying in Iraq!!! A safe return of all our troops.

A safe journey for my son and his wife on thier trek to ethiopia to pick up the little boys (my future fishing partners) they adopted.

After that a new shimano stella reel on a new g-loomis worm rod!! If I can get the first two the third chioce would just be an extra bonus. cool.gif

More free time....continued outdoor opportunities...a raise....some ice....a lot of snow for xmas(I miss those really white winters, but it has to be fluffy stuff, not the wet stuff that sucks to shovel) blessing and best wishes for family and friends!

Best wishes for all family and friends and a year as good as last.That would be the best wish of all for me. smile.gif

1. My friend of 12 years to come back alive from his 3rd tour in the big giant "litter box" AKA Iraq.

2. Partnership/co-owner of Heineken brewing company of Holland.

3. Pay off my folks' mortgage and build them a bigger house.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.