• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hot Does ??

CC Hurl

I know the Bucks are chasing now but my question is has anyone seen them giving it up yet? Don't mean to sound vulger just dont know how else to polightly put it.

Going to get back out on saturday and just would like some feed back as to the stage of the rut we are now dealing with.

I am hunting just north of Redwing for the remainder of the season.

I have not been out since last Thursday and things were moving good then.

Thanks in advance.

CC HURL

Yes, they are. I live in a wooded setting and stepped out my back door about 4:30 today and had a doe come charging down the hill right into my yard. a few seconds later here comes this nasty little forkie. Well she stood for him and they had fun about 7 or 8 times. I have never in my life actually seen "the act." Interesting and funny at the same time. You could tell he was young, lol! She only has 3 legs and had two fawns with her when I saw her last 4 or 5 days ago but the fawns were gone today, so they really do kick them out.

I think the "heat" usually picks up towards the second season of deer hunting. About 10 years ago I was driving around the first weekend (we hunt 2nd weekend) scouting out deer when I came to the bottom of a hill and saw a nice 8-point mounting a doe just 75 yards from the road is a plowed cornfield! Exhebitionists! wink.gif I watched for a couple minutes, then continued driving up and over the hill of the road I was on, only to see a group of 6 deer hunters standing there eating their lunch on the side of the road. I just laughed inside. smile.gif

Nearly every year when we hunt second season we'll see some smaller bucks bangin' heads, or bucks with their noses to the ground completely oblivious to what's around them.