• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Who made it out today 10/18?

Hey guys I haven't posted for a while I have been really busy with work, school and of course waterfowling. All I have have to say is that this year has been much better for me than the last few. We did really well this past weekend filling our limit of geese both mornings and 1 duck short of a limit on saturday, and 2 ducks short on sunday. We saw a ton cans bills and mallards. I was just wondering if anyone made it out today. I plan on hunting friday and I'm looking to see if any more birds moved in.

I was out this morning (live 35 miles north of 'Kato) but it was pretty bleak. Saw a few flocks of divers very early and that was it. One drake redhead and one drake widgeon. I think the weather played a little bit of a role in birds moving around today. Plus, I think we're at the "in-between" stage where the locals are gone, some birds from up north have moved through, but most of the northern ducks are still hanging up north. Looked at the DNR migration report (dated 10/11) where it said birds are just starting to funnel into the northern waters of the state. It's a week later now, and I'll be checking to see if the migration report is updated tomorrow. Won't be too long now before we see another influx of birds though.

I just talked to a buddy who was out today and he had the same report. He didn't see a lot of birds but got a few to decoy ended up with a drake mallard and a goose. I hope friday is a little better.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I was out today and got 2 wooducks and a mallard. The elements were fun it made it seem like duck huntng. Number of ducks seen was fair. Supriseingly I saw quite a few woodducks. I'm banking on this weekend to be good should be some new arrivals. Hopeing on getting in on a good diver shoot within the next few weks only time will tell.

I got out this morning and after getting unlost in the wildlife area, long story. Anyway I never got setup until about 0730 and I still ended up shooting 1 redhead, 1 mallard and 2 gadwals.

3 of us set up in a cornfield just out of town and managed 2 mallards and 3 geese...should have limited but we were set up poorly with the wind (expected it to switch south, stayed west while we were there)...by the time we re-arranged dekes the birds had quit flying. Still nice making it out there though.

SA

What a difference a week makes...did not see half the birds today that I did last week in Sibley County. A cold barrel is no fun all morning.